Daemonhunters vs Space Wolves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Daemonhunters vs Space Wolves

I need army list and strategy advice.

I will be doing battle in a 1750pt game with a Space Wolf army. I played against them once (I was experimenting with an Armored Company at 1500pts for the 1st time and didnt know much about the space wolves then) and got my a$$ handed back to me on a silver platter.

This time Im gonna play serious and use my Daemonhunter army (I'm new with this army also....it's gonna be my 2nd time using them). My opponent (and he thinks he's a pretty good player) says he's gonna use his "power fist b*tch slap of death" on me. It's insane that the wolves can use up to 3 p-fists a squad!

I'm thinking of using:
    Inq. Lord w/psychic hood, mystic and plenty of warriors w/HB's or plasma guns
    GKT's w/BC + psycannons
    FAGK + psycannons
    Jr Officer & squad w/ML + plasma guns
    2 Infantry platoons w/ML + plasma guns
    Sentinel squad w/LC
    Leman Russ Battle Tank

And if there's any left over, maybe a callidus or an eversor assassin.

I could use all the help I can get. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

Is this a DH or IG list?
    If its DH then its illegal as you must have 2 troops from parent list chosen, if its an IG then its also illegal as you have no IG HQ.
    As for the list otherwise....

=][= Lord - =][=lord, psycannon, 1 mystic, 2 sages, 3 acolytes, 3 bolters, 3 familiars, 3 warriors, 2 Heavy bolters, 1 Plasma cannon is IMO the best load out. Plenty of bodies and tons of fire power.

GKT - Needs a delivery system. If deep striking then psy cannons are a waste of points. Deep striking is a waste of time anyway IMO unless you get improved comms on that Leman Russ. Foot slogging them? Make the squad 5 - 8 men strong with a psy cannon on the BC and one on one of the GKT.

FAGK - See above for my thoughts on deepstriking and with todays climate focus on troops these guys became redundant.

JO - This 5 man squad is one heluva sink hole for points and KP. Drop all weapons and just hid em or have a mortar for some fun.

IG platoon - What sizes are those platoons anyway? Well standard load out i use to good effect is ML/GL as both can frag for hoard or krack for otherwise.

Sentinels - Never been a fan but outflanking is a very good trick.

Leman Russ - How can you go wrong? All HB load out works well.

I just dont know what your asking us with this list. If you have an army list then please write it up in the army list section. If you need advise about fighting SW and on your selection then thats a bit harder. I would suggest going to the SM forum and asking there for advise then coming back and saying "hey guys, i need something that does xx".
    Ive only played wolves once and it was a drop pod army vs my eldar, it didn't stand a chance vs my tri falcon of doom!

PL
    Last edited by Pheonix Lord; December 28th, 2008 at 15:01.
    I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand

Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

It's a DH list. I haven't really made it yet as I'm seeing what ur opinons are, but based from my 1500pts DH list, I'm pretty sure I can get most of those guys for 1750pts.

I forgot to throw in an Armored Fist company as possible 2nd troop choice.

My LR (thats Leman Russ, not Landraider) would definitely have Imp. comms.

Psycannons could be useful if I DS and outflank him. I could possibly do damage to the rear armor of any tanks with them if I'm not within rushing range.

I'm not too familiar with the wolves either. What I do know is that they are close-combat oriented (let's see who is better in assault, my GK's or his p-fist guys), he will probably DS them (heheh....I've got a little surprise for him there...), that Storm Caller power of his is wicked sick, and he's got this annoying special ability - OBEL (Operate Behind Enemy Lines) - which he used to pop up behind my Armored Company in our last battle and wreaked serious havoc on their behinds.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by jy2 View Post
    It's a DH list. I haven't really made it yet as I'm seeing what ur opinons are, but based from my 1500pts DH list, I'm pretty sure I can get most of those guys for 1750pts.

I forgot to throw in an Armored Fist company as possible 2nd troop choice.
    It's not the number of Troops choices that's the main problem. The main problem is you have no Troops choices taken directly from the DH codex. To make a legal DH list, you must first satisfy your minimal Force Org requirements out of the DH codex directly, not using subsidiary codexes like the IG (for when you take inducted Guard choices). Your HQ can be the BC, but you then must also take either ISTs or PAGKs or both (2 IST units, 2 GK units, or 1 IST unit and 1 GK unit) before you can even consider employing inducted Guardsmen.

As your list is almost entirely IG anyway, I would suggest getting an IG HQ choice and making this an IG list with allied DH units. The way you're favoring the IG, you're actually getting a weaker list out of trying to make it based on the DH instead. Going the other way 'round, you'd at least have access to doctrines.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x3)

I wouldn't worry about the three powerfists. They only total 4 attacks, and the total cost for them is nearly 100 points. I would take a justicar any day of the week over that. Plus you should never let him get the charge with them, as you don't want him to get the charge bonus for those models. It shouldn't be hard as you have assault weapons and unless he has a landraider he can't sneak up on you.

Next if you want to play a DH list you really need to get 20 PAGK to use as troops. You can use stormtroopers, but against Spacewoves you will struggle to hold objectives with them. GKT can be effective at moving them off of objectives, but try to thin them down first so you clean off the powerfists before they clean you out.

Then you need to be able to kill his tanks, which can be tough as he can take landraiders and a Leman Russ, so I would load up a few dreads or a landraider. Remember his anti tank is limited until he runs up and punches you with those fists.

If you want to take guardsmen to fill your ranks I would just take 1 platoon, and if you want armored fists I would load up the sargent in a chimera and fill him with plasma to unload furry. 180 points for 9 shots can do some damage.

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

I see. So I gotta throw in 2 squads of IST's to make it work then...

or I can make an IG army with DH allies....hmmmm...interesting.

OK maybe I'll try this:

Grenadiers Doctrine

Imperial Guard HSO & squad - HB, 2 plasmas, standard
    2 Fire Support Squads (6 HB's)
    2 Anti-tank Support Squads (6 LC's)
    =][= Lord w/psychic hood, mystic, sage and plenty of warriors w/HB's or plasma guns
    BC + 5-9 GKT's
    10 Hardened Veterans w/ML + 3 plasmas
    2-3 squads of Storm Troopers w/plasmas (as Troops)
    6-10 PAGK's + Justicar
    2-3 LR Battle Tanks w/HB's

This way I get lots of firepower and the close-combat support of the GK's.

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Daemonhunters vs Space Wolves 1750pts Battle Report

I just duked it out with the Space Wolves today. You can see the battle report at
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ml#post1331736 (Daemonhunters vs Space Wolves 1750pts.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

You might want to ask more question about the Grey Knights. Your army was illegal.
    Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.

+ Reply to Thread