Using Drop Pods - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Using Drop Pods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    65 (x1)

Using Drop Pods

I'm confuzzled by pods. Have read the tactica posted on here - and really want to use a drop pod army...

Just one thing I don't get, and that's how do you deploy them. Do you deploy half of them at the start of the turn, within your deployment zone, or can you put them anywhere on the table? Secondly, for the rest of the army, do you roll them as you would reserves? I get that you deep strike them and scatter as normal etc...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can deploy half (rounding up) of your drop pods on your first turn per deep strike rules. Meaning you can put them anywhere on the table. Except impassable terrain of course. And yes the rest of your army arrives according to the reserves rule by deep strike.

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

Here is how drop pods work in the new rules, any unit selecting a drop pod as a transport is automatically held in reserve.

Start the game as normal. When your first turn arrives, before you do anything else, decide which of your drop pods you want to arrive, you must pick half rounding up, place 1 of them on the table, and roll for scattering. You may place them anywhere except on impassible terrain, or on enemy/friend models. Than scatter. If you scatter off the board you lose your pod, otherwise you'll land safely, but perhaps off target. Repeat until you've spent your first wave.

Next turn you roll for each remaining pod, following the deep strike rules, by rolling a D6 to see if they become available.

Some quick recommendations: Use 4 full tactical squads, flamer and multi meltas are best, powerfists are a must. Consider combi Weapons. Dreadnoughts work well. Vulkan is the best HQ choice for 95% of drop podding armies.
    Questions about drop pods? Click Here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!
    Need help with your HQ? Click Here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to play also drop pod.

Some quick recommendations: Use 4 full tactical squads, flamer and multi meltas are best, powerfists are a must. Consider combi Weapons. Dreadnoughts work well. Vulkan is the best HQ choice for 95% of drop podding armies.

I want try this, but with mixed weapons on tacticals. 1 squad will probably sit on objective in my deployment zone, so long range anitank both weapons etc. Sternguard and librarian for no armor to shoot at or master of forge and 6 dreads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    65 (x1)

Thanks for clearing that up guys...all very clear now :-)

I was thinking of running two squads of tacticals, a dread and a full squad of Sternguard with a Librarian, and some landspeeders and whirlwinds...hmm I can clearly see two types of Space Marine army emerging...koolness :-)

+ Reply to Thread