Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inquisitor Lord Vs Sm

632 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  mEGALOMANIAC 
#1 ·
im wondering how can i improve my retinue in cc because i was vs a chaplain with a veteran squad and i lost all my units and all left of his was the chaplain with 1 wound left and it took 5 TURNS to kill each other! We spend 2 assault phases with my lord and his chaplain left and each of us had only one wound left. Also is it legal for that guy's chaplain to begin the game mounted in a razorback with the veteran squad that isnt his command squad. btw my lord killed all of them and the others didnt do anything except human shield XD.

HQ
Inquisitor Lord
Daemon Hammer
Bolt Pistol
Icon of the Just
Artificer Armour
MeltaBomb
Scourging
3 Acolyte (Power Weapon)
3 Heirophants
3 Warrior (Combat Servitor)
1 Familiar

vs

Hq
Chaplain
with bolt pistol and crozius arcanium
4 veteran space marines
1 veteran sergeant with bolt pistol and power weapon
everyone with terminator honours

See less See more
#2 ·
Well first of all, never expect any real help from your Lord's retinue in cc. They're all S3/T3, and most have a pretty awful save. The real reason they're there is to absorb damage for the Lord.

First off, weapons. A Daemonhammer is only really useful against (you guessed it!) daemons. otherwise it's just an S6 powerweapon that strikes last (and has that occasionally useful ability to stun opponents). Since you fought SM, this isn't the best choice of weapons. A thunderhammer is cheaper, a power weapon strikes at initiative, a lightning claw (or two) are a power weapon that allows certain rolls to be rerolled (always good), and a force weapon makes the few hits you get do more damage. Out of all the possible choices, I'd take a pair of lightning claws (and the Scourging ability, if you can afford it). This nets you an extra attack, ignores armor, and gives you rerolls (mastercrafting the pair is a good thing too!), and Scourging still gives you a shooting attack. Frag grenades are useful, as are digital weapons if you have extra points.

For protection, the Icon of the Just and Artificer Armour are fine. Good protection, obviously, but watch out for shooting - you have to use the majority save, which is usually pretty bad because of the henchmen. But you know how good his protection is - he survived 5 turns in assault! :D If you fight Eldar or Thousand Sons, take a psychic hood as well.

I wouldn't bother with the meltabombs. Your Lord has better things to do than take out tanks.

The only psyker powers I'd take on a Lord who's job ISN'T slaying daemons is either holocaust or scourging. Scourging is good for the pair of lightning claws, like I said above.

As for henchmen, here's what you do:
3 Warriors, always. For an assaulty Lord, I'd take 2 Combat Servitors and one Vet Guardsman with a flamer. This gives you a nice pre-charge kick. The reason I never take three Combat Servitors is because of T3, Sv4+. That isn't very helpful when you strike last! And since the Lord usually goes against the enemy's CC-beasts, the Servitors *will* die.

After you've bought your warriors, pick up 3 Acolytes. I don't like giving them armor - they're just extra wounds for my Lord, why invest in protective gear? Instead, I'd give them power weapons (I know, you already have that, good call). But don't expect them to last more than one round (T3, 6+, and they also act as wounds), so feel free to leave them with the laspistol & ccw they come with if you're hurting for points.

If you take a daemonhammer (and will be fighting daemons), take a Familiar. If you take any of the choices that don't strike last, take a Familiar. A mastercrafted pair of lightning claws with a familiar (and the WS bonus of warriors) is a very evil thing, especially when you consider the number of wounds the Acolytes give him.

If you fight Daemons, also pick up a Heirophant. Other than against Daemons, these guys are useless.

Sages & Mystics are useless for these units as well, but you know that.

Here's what I suggest:

Inquisitor Lord (2 Mastercrafted Lightning Claws, Artificer Armor, Icon, Scourging, Frag Grenades)
3 Acolytes (power weapon, laspistol)
2 Combat Servitors
1 Veteran Guardsman (flamer)
1 Familiar
@ 291 points

This is cheaper and *should* be more effective than the Lord you had before! Also consider a Rhino to take him to the fight (the mixed save rules will make this guy fall long before the enemy lines to shooting). Also, if you want to make him hit harder in CC, give him Holocaust and Consecrated Scrolls in addition to what he already has - the combination of Familiar & Scrolls will let him use Scourging, charge into assault, do his work, then unleash Holocaust at the end (but still before powerfists!)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.