Classic Daemonhunter Foes - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Classic Daemonhunter Foes

This is just a thread for chat. So what is your most common enemy with daemonhunters and which is the most classic in fluff. My common opponent, since my dad plays as well is his orks. Who we call Kaos Orks. They fit in with background and are a fun army to play against.

However, what are the common foes you fight against and what are the fluffiest opponents for daemonhunters. IMO daemons, imperial guard, space marines, and other chaos space marines are the common foes in background.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Daemons and then Chaos for me. Then it would be Nids and Eldar. A buddy of mine plays Daeomns and we always have a good time. Are last game was 4000 points. I have never played against orks and dark eldar.
    Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

Eldar, Chaos SM and normal SM are my common opponets.

But fluff wise, it would be ordered in frequency (I guess, I'm no guru in this ):
    1) Lost & Damned and other IG turned to Chaos Worship
    2) Chaos Daemons
    3) Chaos Space Marines and other SM turned to Chaos Worship.
    Tyranids Win [31]/ Draw [0]/Lost [0]
    Daemon Hunters Win [17]/ Draw [2]/ Lost [1]
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...t&uniqueid=232

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

It all depends on who is in your area. I play a lot SM, Orks and Nids. I almost never play against Choas or Deamons as I don't have any friends that play them.
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

Both of my GK-led games have been against chaos space marines, and a good number of my WH games too.

My group has CSM, SM, Eldar, and Tau - but my temporary switch to chaos (to even out sides for a good vs evil campaign) came at a point in the opponent rotation where I was fighting Eldar and SMs again - so i've only fought the other players a couple of times with my inq forces.

There is an orc player floating around that i've only played in apoc (he brought a 106 boy mob onto the table via flank attack, and lost 95 of them to strategic assets before the models were on the table), one of the SM players might convert to IG, and one of the chaos players has toyed with the idea of necrons.

There are also a bucket load of tyranid models floating around (well over 100 stealers, several dozen gaunts and a number of larger creatures) that never seem to get used except in apoc/warmup games (the only game of 4th ed we played was smurfs vs nids and it seemed to put people off them - they got pasted. A couple of weeks later we started the weekly games and moved to 5th).
    For whatever reason nobody has ever shown any interest in dark eldar.

Some orcs do worship khorne - though it's very old fluff. I played against them once with my old over zealous Squat amy - the 'Short Templars'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by A.T. View Post
    For whatever reason nobody has ever shown any interest in dark eldar.
    Snicker, snicker...........................................I can't imagine why?
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Diggums Hammer View Post
    Snicker, snicker...........................................I can't imagine why?
    Maybe because they aren't being sold any more in GW's ?
    Maybe because they have a codex with a big "SECOND EDITION" logo on the front?
    Maybe because GW has someone dumped this army into nothingness?
    Tyranids Win [31]/ Draw [0]/Lost [0]
    Daemon Hunters Win [17]/ Draw [2]/ Lost [1]
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...t&uniqueid=232

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My local store is stocked with dark eldar products who seem to just sit and gather dust

There also a lot of other players at the store, most commonly orks, space marines, and Tau. Were starting up a new league now, I hope I get daemons as a foe as that's who I almost always get in fantasy.

+ Reply to Thread