Box sets to complement Black Reach - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Box sets to complement Black Reach

The Black Reach set, particularly for someone who swaps the orks with an ork player, leaves one with a large number of pretty vanilla models. What's in the boxes for the regular dreadnoughts and the terminator squads. Are there extra arms to choose from. Essentially my question is if someone has 5 termies with just powerfists and stormbolters...and you buy a box how much extra stuff is in there to make two good squads. I take it you get both a cyclone and an assault cannon but how many chainfists. For the dreadnought, just how many arms are in there? Do they fit onto the entry level AOBR dreadnought frames?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffy0341 View Post
    For the dreadnought, just how many arms are in there? Do they fit onto the entry level AOBR dreadnought frames?
    No teh Assault on black reach dreadnought arms do not fit onto a normal dreadnough without some modification.
    The best place to buy warhammer: Miniatures2u

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As above, the Black Reach Dread arms need a bit of altering to fit a vanilla Dread, but the other way around and they fit fine (albiet a bit loose)

As for the Termies, Vanilla termie box set has about 5 chainfists? maybe 4? Assault Cannon, Heavy Flamer, Cyclone M.Launcher, and the standard Powerfists and Stormbolters Assault Termies have 5 of both Thunderhammers/Storm Shields and Lightning Claws

The Vannila Dread has a M.Launcher on its Right arm, or a Powerfist, again on right arm

On its Left, it has: Twin-linked Lascannon, Assault Cannon. (so 4 Arms in total)

Plasma Cannon, Twin.linked AutoCannon, Twin.linked Heavy bolter and a bunch of other arms are available on Forgeworld (just incase you didnt know :p)

Shaabhekh
    In the name of the Emperor and for the Glory of the Imperium... Gimme Back My Girlfriend! :(

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great, and do the assault/vanilla arms fit the AOBR terminator torsos? My idea is if I buy each box, I'll have:

5 TH/SS Termies
    5 LC Termies
    A squad with cyclone.
    A squad with chainfists, heavy flamer, and assault cannon

I believe I have a ridiculously large Eldar hovertank from forgeworld in a basement somewhere. I guess it'd probably be cheaper to buy just some arms off of them rather than a full box from GW(since I really don't need a 3rd dreadnought).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No the normal assault terminators box arms don't fit on the AOBR terminator arms, but again they wuold with dome very simple modifications.
    The best place to buy warhammer: Miniatures2u

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can do simple mods without any problem.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    572 (x8)

termie box comes with 3 chainfists

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Quo Man View Post
    termie box comes with 3 chainfists
    I have converted all my AoBR terminators to TH/SS without any issues. No problems, at all. Very simple conversion.

+ Reply to Thread