Mace Griffin Bounty Hunter - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x3)

Mace Griffin Bounty Hunter

Well i wanted a custom assassin. My answer was this. I call him Mace Griffin and he is a bounty hunter, with the help of the 3rd edition core rulebook, codex imperial guard, and codex tau.

the stats are as follows
    Unit type: Elite Pts:62 WS:5 BS:5 S:4 T:4 W:2 I:5 A:3 Ld:10 Save:4+

Special rules: infiltrator, fearless, alone, Dodge 4+ inv. save

Wargear: Frag grenade, Photon grenade, Melta bomb, Las pistol(with targeter) Custom Bolter(counts as storm Bolter), Baton(counts as CCW)

Background: Mace Griffin is a retired member of the 14th Delta Force and is renowned for his ability customize and make weapons. He decided to retire with a honorable discharge and started to work for himself. Around this time a friend of his gave him and experiential survival suit. It has better protection then flak armor and enhances his ability to react in combat. Sense then he has hunted down criminals, assassins, heretics, and even aliens for a price. A latest contract brought him to a Tau world were he acquired photon grenades. From time to time he is called in by Imperial commanders when an assassin is needed and not authorized.

Attached Images
    I am an Indestructible master of War.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice painting!
    If Slaanesh is the god of the Perverse, why does Nurgle have all the filth?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x3)

thx man. i like the paint job on him too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a couple ideas

-14 delta force what? be a bit more specific where he comes from.
    -make him a bit more tau. give him a pulse weapon instead of the bolter maybe (plus works with his photon grenades) and chuck a fire warrior back pack on him.
    -change 'a friend gave him a' to somthing like 'he uses an experimental suit he brought with the $$ ge gets fro being a leet killer'

also wher does the name mace griffon ceom from? ive heard that before

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x3)

it came for a video game called mace griffin bounty hunter. after he was painted i decided he looked like mace griffin

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

due to copyright, maybe you should rename him to something like....

chase miffens or brace biggens or waste kittens....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x3)

i was going to do a tau firewarrior backpack but it would slow him down and the suit is to give him better reflexes, and him being human and him mostly working for the Imperium of man it would be easier for to get a bolter and customize it. it would also be easier for him to get the .75 cal ammo. even though that is a autogun my imperial guard autoguns dont look like that. this has a larger barrel and a cool looking flash suppressor.

the reason he uses tau photon grenades is because he found them to be a very good defense grenade like a flash bang. also he is on a tau planet for spying on them or something like that.

the 14th delta force is a unit of storm troopers in the 502nd cadian grav-chute regiment. the friend idea could be a deal between him and friend. his friend might be look for a military deal with a new type of body armor or he sets up mace's contracts. i left stuff out to keep room for fill in or even unknown information. stuff kept under raps and only he knows. back ground really dont matter and i did it just for fun.

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by jammer397 View Post
    Unit type: Elite Pts:62 WS:5 BS:5 S:4 T:4 W:2 I:5 A:3 Ld:10 Save:4+
    Special rules: infiltrator, fearless, alone, Dodge 4+ inv. save
    Wargear: Frag grenade, Photon grenade, Melta bomb, Las pistol(with targeter) Custom Bolter(counts as storm Bolter), Baton(counts as CCW)
    Looking at it for fair gameplay:
    He's incredibly underpriced.
    That's not a Elite Human's stats - unequipped inquisitor lords have worse stats than that - one less WS,BS, S,T, I (The really important one being Toughness, with strength a close second.)
    His stats are more of a marine commanders (And he's got basically a Iron Halo save too.) - And being a CC machine having infiltrate makes him all the more obscene.

I reckon a fairer cost would be about 140 points,
    unless you dropped his WS,BS,S,T and Init by one each, (No negotiations on the toughness. That's human stats, if he's really tough he'd have more wounds - he does, and/or a macharian cross - add cost accordingly) then he'd be the cost of a inquisitor lord (without retinue but we'll leave him with infiltrate), add his equipment (Not having power armour negates photon grenades) @ 40 points (Including invun save) = 100 points.

Well, that's how i'd see him if given it to judge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x3)

this is the plain jane stats for a assassin from the 3rd edition core rule book.

pts:50 WS:5 BS:5 S:4 T:4 W:2 I:5 A:3 Ld:10 Save:4+

special rule are the same. all i change was the wargear. so his wargear cost 12 pts. storm bolter is 5, melta bombs are 5, frag and photon grenades are 1 each. the las pistol and CCW is free. if you have the 3rd edition core rulebook look at pg 263. he also counts as a hero of the imperium so i can use him with any any imperial force but he is mainly for the imperial guard.

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by jammer397 View Post
    this is the plain jane stats for a assassin from the 3rd edition core rule book.

pts:50 WS:5 BS:5 S:4 T:4 W:2 I:5 A:3 Ld:10 Save:4+

special rule are the same. all i change was the wargear. so his wargear cost 12 pts. storm bolter is 5, melta bombs are 5, frag and photon grenades are 1 each. the las pistol and CCW is free. if you have the 3rd edition core rulebook look at pg 263. he also counts as a hero of the imperium so i can use him with any any imperial force but he is mainly for the imperial guard.
    I'm not disputing that.
    Now we're in 5th edition, why not use 5th ed stats and points?, or at least compare the finished creation to some current points costs.

Or, you could go back to the drawing board entirely, and use 2nd ed creation rules, and for about 60 points have WS,BS,S,T,Init and Attacks all at 5. Heck, give him a Terminator Harness (No Save modifier, but can move and fire heavy weapons. 7pts) an assault cannon, and Joikero digital Weapons. oh, and real grenades - vortex for 50 points anyone? Oh go on, give him a harlequin flip belt for about 12 points (if memory's correct.)

Heck, for about 100 points using older edition creation rules i could make a monster that would kill ANY character in the codexes today, Independant or not, regardless of their cost.

Sarcasm aside, I wasn't slating you or him, I was pointing out that it's underpriced, (In my Opinion,) then I was giving my reasoning behind my opinion, and a possible solution, or the logic for how you could do it in a more balanced way - All of course, only in my opinion which i do not claim to be Omnipotent.

I do feel that crossing the different editions with characters, but keeping points the same can be a very dangerous thing to do for game balance. In this instance I feel this concern is warranted, and your creation is very underpriced.

As a Imperial Guard Player, Daemonhunter Player, Witch hunter Player, Dark angels Player and Imperial Fist Player I know my way around the stats and costs of Humans in 40K.

T4 is something you will only find in a Marine. No Human, Inquisitor, assassain or otherwise has a T4. It can't be modified. T4 is for marines. (and Grey Knights if you want to be pedantic, we all know they're marines)

S4 is something you will only get on a human with expensive modification. It means he has a chance of ripping a tank apart with his bare hands. To increase strength requires, normally, a powerfist at plus x points (You know the cost). I can't think of other ways of getting above S3, which makes alot of difference. Great weapons? Splicing Flagellant rules, but removing restrictions? Nah, If it's human, it's S3.

I don't think you're deliberately trying to make a disgusting character because of the lack of power weapons in the equipment (Although the stats do help alot - He'll chew up orks, guard and eldar in melee no problem)

Equipment aside, Let's compare the cost of a 3rd ed assassain to a 5th ed assassain.
    1) You pretty much want to double the cost to get your assassain. (90-110 points)
    2) You want to reduce the stats by approx 1 each. (Note T and STR on 5th ed assassains)
    3) You also want to remove the restriction of "Must have Inquisitor" (No real problem. Up the cost, like a independant commissar.)
    4) You want to swap equipment about. - Easily done (Don't forget to add in a 4+ invun save rosarius / whatever for around 24.5 points (give or take))

In fact, find me something with S4, T4 and 3 Wounds and 3 Attacks in any (#ahem# current, printed #ahem#) Imperium codex, even unequipped for equal or less than 60 points and i'll eat my hat. (Hint: there's close for 61 points, but only one wound.)

With those stats he has a better save than a terminator, (if hit by a plasmagun) and double the wounds should you fail.
    Invun saves are expensive for a reason. Multiple wounds are also, reserved for expencive characters. Multiple attacks, like that, is going beyond assault marine and into commander territory.
    Last edited by stayscrunchyinmilk; January 12th, 2009 at 12:35.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast