Acolytes And Ordinance - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you have an inquisitor with an acolyte and the pair of them are hit with an ordinance blast, can you shift the hit the inquisitor takes onto the acolyte? thanks for clearing this one up

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. Since both the acolyte and the inquisitor are under the template, and since you are not allowed to relocate an ordinance template, both models will recieve the effects of being hit by ordinance and so both will likely be insta-killed.
    “ Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man. ” - Thomas Paine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't agree with Invictus as the rules state that you can assign wounds from the Inquisitor to the Accolyte.

Both models get hit and probably wounded as weel but as the rules state before doing any save try you may assign the wound to the accolyte and so have him take 2 wounds while the inquisitor doesn't take any...
    <a href='http://forum.librarium-online.com/index.php?showtopic=16083' target='_blank'>Master of the Convent of Our Martyred Saint</a>

Get your sig from-tHe BaD GuY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

First of all, whoever would waste an entire ordinance blast on an inquisitor with only one acolyte left is insane.

Now, in the case of this situation it would depend on who took wounds. If they were both hit and both wounded, then no, he can&#39;t give the acolyte another wound as he is already dead.

Now lets say he has a retinue of six guys instead of just one left. If the opponent rolls for all the models underneath the template and manages to do a wound to the inquisitor but rolls a one for the acolyte, then yes, he can give the acolyte the wound.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeapp, that&#39;s the way it is. Even if your Inq is hit by a vindicare assassin, who is able to shoose his target, he can still asign a wound to his acolytes. They step in and take the bullet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

-You assign hits BEFORE saves are taken.
    -You cannot assign more wounds to an Acolyte than he has saveable wounds.
    -You cannot assign a wound to an Acolyte if he ALREADY has a wound of his own (ie, ordinance blast).
    -Therefore, you cannot assign more than one wound to an Acolyte per action. So for an ordinance blast where the Acolyte is already wounded, you cannot give him another wound.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry Mega, but i just finished reading the Accolyte&#39;s description and rules (WH version) and there is nothing there stating that you can not assign one wound to him if he already has one of himself.

By saying that you may not assign more wounds to the Accolyte as as many wounds he&#39;s got only applies after saves have been rolled, since the special ability between the I and Acc is done before saves are done, you can still do it....
    <a href='http://forum.librarium-online.com/index.php?showtopic=16083' target='_blank'>Master of the Convent of Our Martyred Saint</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, let&#39;s look at the pertintent rules ...

BBB pg 49
    Remove Casualties

"Assuming that the models in the unit have 1 wound each, one model is removed for each wound inflicted.

Note that you can&#39;t choose to lump all the wounds together onto one model"

BBB pg 49
    Taking armour saves

"Before he removes models as casualties the owning player can test to see if they survive being hit because their armour ... "
    and
    "When a unit takes a number of wounds from an enemy unit shooting at it you can roll all saving throws together."

DH codex pg 14
    Acolyte

"If an Inquisitor with an acolyte henchman suffers a wound, he may allocate the wound to the acolyte. This must be attempted before any saving throws are attempted."

Now I can see the argument both ways.
    First, because the rules say it&#39;s one model per wound I can understand Mega&#39;s point. By moving the wound from the =I= to the acolyte, you are technically giving the acolyte 2 wounds.

On the other hand, the 1 wound per model statement actually falls under the "remove casualties" and not the armor save notes. Armor saves, according to the book, are made before removing casualties. Therefore, you can argue that the acolyte can make an armor save against the =I=&#39;s wound.

Personally, I would rule that the owning player rolls his 2 armor saves. If only 1 fails remove acolyte, but if both fail remove acolyte and =I= takes a wound as acolyte was wounded before he could save the =I=.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once again i do not agree going by what you just wrote...

1 squad with an Inquisitor and an Accolyte receive 2 hits and then 2 wounds....

By the BBB rules you have to assign a wound to each model as you cannot give two wounds to a model untill all models have also at least one wound...

Now, before the save throw the Accolyte special rules gets into effect and you can transfer the Inquisitor&#39;s wound to the Accolyte.

Now the Accolyte has to test both saves on his armour value.

That&#39;s the way i see it.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Just emailed the RoolzBoyz, and it looks like Hugus was right&#33;
    As it states on page 14 of the Codex: Daemonhunters if the Inquisitor with an Acolyte Henchman suffers a wound, he may allocate the wound to the Acolyte and this must be done before any saving throws are attempted.

Since rolls to wound are simultaneous and are only rolled separately for convenience when you take a wound on both the Inquisitor and the Acolyte from a blast or an Ordinance blast you may still allocate the wounding hit on the Inquisitor to the Acolyte prior to armour saves being taken.

Of course if you and your regular gaming group do not like the way this works (after all how can an Acolyte prevent a huge Ordinance shell harming his master?) then you are welcome to come up with your own "house" rule to govern how you are going to play this. Simply sit down and come up with a mutually agreed ruling on this.

I hope this helps.
    The fluff reason he included at the end ("how can an Acolyte prevent a huge...") was exactly why I thought otherwise, but if the Roolzboyz say so, I guess that&#39;s how it goes.

Closed Thread