DH update Ideas / Dreams - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    122 (x3)

DH update Ideas / Dreams

After seeing lord lucias post I figured I would post my ideas for the DH update, but didn't want to high jack his thread so I started my own. Anyways it is as follows.

See Page 5.

Last edited by Lyzaru; March 5th, 2009 at 07:02.
    - You must set fire to water or you will be extinguished.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the option to deepstrike 1st turn (not so un common now) is a reasonable one and fits in with the fluff.
    I believe the change from FA to normal troops being able to DS is almost mandatory considering the new rule set. They may allow your "strike to cleanse " rule as a benefit of taking a special character (which seems to be the new flavour of the month)
    The creation of assualt termies would be long overdue as well.
    Some nice ideas.

Still they will leave us transportless and semi anti armourless (which is right...i guess - cant have everything)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

So you would give a GM WS 6 and then jack his points by 35 point? I believe that he should have WS 6 but not at an increase of 35 points.
    Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x3)

It would be awesome if PAGK troops could deepstrike on turn one, and FAGK would roll to get on the table. And your compulsory troop choices could not deepstrike to balance it out so you can pop in everyone upclose to an army like imperial guard or Necron.

Though it makes sense for the FAGK to be the ones who arive first (as they are faster). But I do like making it a pregame choice and not a post mission selection choice.

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantianWarrior View Post
    So you would give a GM WS 6 and then jack his points by 35 point? I believe that he should have WS 6 but not at an increase of 35 points.
    It's not just WS6, the GKGM also gets:

Grimorie of True Names
    Eternal Warriors (good...hate those damn p-fists)
    Better deepstriking rules
    Cheaper wargear costs (Psycannon at 15pts, Icon of the Just for only 5pts!)
    NFW - ignore all saves!

Some of the costs could be adjusted slightly (Icon of the Just is just too cheap). The GKGM/BC NFW is slightly over-powering (correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming they still count as force weapons also), and I think the terminators need a new sergeant now that the BC's been promoted to 130pts!

Other than that, I love these new Grey Knights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    122 (x3)

Some of the costs could be adjusted slightly (Icon of the Just is just too cheap). The GKGM/BC NFW is slightly over-powering (correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming they still count as force weapons also), and I think the terminators need a new sergeant now that the BC's been promoted to 130pts!
    Well the IotJ is that cheap for them cause it only improves the invuln save by 1, I could see maybe 10 points for it but any more is silly to me. As for the NFW due to how daemons are now I think losing the force weapon ability to ignore invuln saves is the best option to make them effective. As for the terminator needing new sergeant I don't believe they need one as they are very good as is and if you want one take it as an HQ with a retinue. To me once they make it to a terminator rank if they go any farther they are hero level characters.

As for this jy2 is right you get a lot more then just the plus to WS.
    Last edited by Lyzaru; January 20th, 2009 at 07:46.
    - You must set fire to water or you will be extinguished.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

As it stands right now only the GM has a force weapon. The Brother-Captain is only a S6 power weapon.

I think the the terminators do not need a new leader. A BC is fine as a leader of terminators or as a force commander.

It's not just WS6, the GKGM also gets:

Grimorie of True Names
    Eternal Warriors (good...hate those damn p-fists)
    Better deepstriking rules
    Cheaper wargear costs (Psycannon at 15pts, Icon of the Just for only 5pts!)
    NFW - ignore all saves!
    NFW that ignores all saves will not happen. It is to powerful.
    Icon of the Just should be 10 points.
    Eternal Warrior might be pushing it. Give him the SM cloak that prevents instant kill.

My first look was this: (stats are same as now except as noted below)
    Battle Brother = A 2 and Ld 9.
    Justicar = Ld 10
    Terminator = Points 50
    Brother-Captain = WS 6, BS 5, W 2, I 5, Points 130
    Grandmaster = WS 6, Points 180

Just going by this do you see where i was coming from. I did see the rest for him but wanted to post what I did.
    Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A strenth 9 assault weapon? That seems way op, I cant think of any high strength weapons that arent heavy...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x3)

I do like the idea of a two wound HQ, but also like that our terminator sargents are respected enough to lead our armies. I think it would be cool if we had two GK hero choices (2 and 3 wound), and if your army is not led by a GK hero you may have it lead by the brother captian of a terminator squad (squad may be taken as HQ if no Hero present in list). That way we can still have a sick HQ that is spendy, a more efficeint HQ at a good price, or a low cost HQ because the rest of our units cost too much.

Then we would have grandmaster, brother master, and brother captian. And it would be nice if the brother master did not have to wear terminator armor (give him the choice between terminator and artificer+refractor field) so he could deepstrike in with FAGK and not look like an oddball.

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Cenedar View Post
    A strenth 9 assault weapon? That seems way op, I cant think of any high strength weapons that arent heavy...
    Venom cannon on a carnie. It's actually S10, but then again the carnie is a monstrous creature. But I agree that it may be a little 2 overpowering - AP3, ignore Inv save and assault! It needs to be a heavy weapon at S9.
    Last edited by jy2; January 20th, 2009 at 18:45.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast