Question about points system - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question about points system

I've recently started collecting 40k and wanted to count up the points for my small army but I came across some things that I'm not sure about. Here's some questions:

1) In my Space Marine codex it says that a single Space Marine costs 15 points, does this amount of points include his bolter?
    2)This is sort of the same question as above except I'm wondering if the points cost given for the Librarian includes whatever weapons I give him?
    3) I bought an assault marines squad and gave the sergeant the shield that comes with it, is this shield classed as a storm shield? If not then what is it called?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First off, your Codex is outdated. Marines in the current Codex do not cost 15 points.

A new codex would also answer your question; A standard Marine comes equipped with a Bolter, Bolt Pistol, Frag and Krak Grenades, and Power Armour, all included in his points cost.

When you give a character/model additional weapons and equipment, the additional points cost is included in their entry in the Codex.

The shield that comes with the Assault Marines can either be a Combat Shield (6+ Invuln save) or a Storm Shield, depending entirely on what you call it.
    Last edited by HellbirdIV; January 16th, 2009 at 08:21.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, I guess I better get a newer codex lol
    Hi

+ Reply to Thread