A tale of 2 dreads - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A tale of 2 dreads

Hi guys, I'm hoping to get the AoBR set soon to get up to date on the new rules, and I have a few questions.

I've done a bit of reading, and I know that the non-AoBR dread waiting to be painted isn't interchangeable with the AoBR dread. I never got around to painting my dread, and have taken about a 4 year break from 40K. All that I have been able to find for this dread is the havy bolter and the powerfist arm.

I'd like a bit of tactical advice. Is the old dread fine with a heavy bolter and power fist? Or should I wait until I have the new dread, and use one of the other weapon arms?

I haven't played in ages (never with a dread), and would like some clue about what each dread loadout is useful for. I would think that a heavy bolter/powerfist combo would be best against infantry and light vehicles.

Any and all advice welcome.

Argentis

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The AoBR dread only has the multi-melta and DCCW arms. It doesnt have any extra peices, unless I threw them away on accident. The standard plastic kit has more options, or you can buy an extra heavy weapon arm off ebay or forgeworld as long as you dont have the REALLY old dread that looks like a toaster with limbs.

Your dread with the heavy bolter should be okay. The assault cannon is probably better, but you get extra range.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x5)

The only parts that are interchangeable between the two dreads are the weapons. Generally the most common load outs are Assault cannon and DCCW or Lascannons and missile laucher. Multimeltas are good if you plan on drop podding you dread next to enemy characters or vehicles. The heavy bolter is a fine substitute for the assault cannon.
    Xbox Gamertag: x Helbrecht x

+ Reply to Thread