New Guard player looking for C&C - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Guard player looking for C&C

HQ:
    Command Squad:
    Junior Officer
    Iron Discipline (45)

Troops:
    1st Platoon
    Command Squad:
    Junior Officer
    4x Guardsmen with Laspistol and CC weapon (40)

Squad 1
    1x Sergeant
    7x Guardsmen
    1x Heavy Bolter Team (70)

Squad 2
    1x Sergeant
    7x Guardsmen
    1x Heavy Bolter Team (70)

2nd Platoon
    20x Conscripts (80)

Heavy Support:
    Leman Russ:
    Hull Heavy Bolter, (145)

Look for friendly and very very slightly competetive play and need help!!!!
    Do i get a senti with lascan or give the rest of my army some more teeth?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You do realise the command squad is a big mushy non-offensive fire magnet? The 40pts for the Junior officer command squad includes 4 troopers, who are currently dead weight unless you tool them up with at least a special weapon i.e meltagun?! ... 45pts with iron discipline... they can have the same heavy bolter teams as the rest of the army, why pass up the opportunity to add three strength 5 shots to your arsenal, as can the conscripts (but grenade launchers would be better for these guys). Please add special/heavy weapons to your platoon command too

Definitely tool up the rest of your army instead of getting the sentinel. I would say, if you don't want to get metal models then... Add nade launchers/flamers to both infantry squads, add grenades/flamers to the conscripts, extra armour for the leman russ...

Them conscripts need better weapons! I would suggest instead of conscripts, if you can get the models, that a unit of storm troopers, using the grenadiers doctrine (they count as troop choices, but can't take infiltrate or deep strike), with no other upgrades apart from two plasma guns, for 120pts would be a better choice.

Sooooooo, Either Get the grenadier Storm Troopers, and tool the army up with the spare ten points, OR give the army commander a power weapon, give his squad a grenade launcher, and give the other command squad a flamer/grenade launcher and a heavy bolter, shove extra armour and a pintle heavy stubber on the leman russ, and you're at 498pts Perfect.

P.s - You might want to edit your post and deactivate smilies, it's going manic with the point values in brackets 0) Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardy_Wierdy View Post
    Claymore equipped guard? Dont be absurd. They are getting frag grenades and six feet of string instead.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x4)

I'll try a quick rundown.

HQ - You generally want to keep these guys safe. So like Equil said, give them a decent heavy weapon and keep them in cover. Heavy Bolters, Mortars, or Autocannons are good as they're not overly threatening.

Troops - If you're looking for a little CC punch with your command squad you might want to try 4 flamers and give the JO a powersword. Normally guardsmen in melee do nothing, especially against power armor, so 4 more attacks isn't a huge help there. Flamers give you the same feel and are much more versatile and damaging. I've also had varying success with 4 grenade launchers and a JO with stormbolter as a very mobile command bubble that can put out a lot of shots every turn.

For the squads there's no real reason to not give them special weapons. Plasma and grenade launchers are great for more stationary squads. I'd give one of the heavy bolters to the HQ and switch it for some anti-tank. I prefer autocannons for line squads but anything works.

For the conscripts, again, special weapons. I see a lot of people giving them flamers to get around their painful BS, and I tend to agree with that. Never used them myself though.

Heavy - I use this set up too and I love it. Cheapest way to get a battle cannon raining hell all game. I'd highly suggest spending the few points and giving it extra armor and smoke launchers. They're pretty much the standard for all guard vehicles.

Just my opinion for adding to the units you already planned on. It's a great start to an army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

Is this a 500 point?
    We who have seen war will never stop seeing it....In the silence of the night, we will always hear the screams....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK this is what i think im gunna go vith

Doctrines:
    Grenadier, Close Order Drill, Deep Strike.

HQ:
    Command Squad:
    Junior Officer
    2x Guardsmen with flamer
    1x Guards men with Grenade Launcher (60 )

Troops:
    1st Platoon
    Command Squad:
    Junior Officer
    1x Autocannon Team (55)

Squad 1
    1x Sergeant
    7x Guardsmen
    1x Missile Launcher Team (75)

Squad 2
    1x Sergeant
    7x Guardsmen
    1x Heavy Bolter Team (70 )

2nd Platoon
    1x Strom Trooper Sergeant
    4x Strom Trooper
    2x Strom Trooper with Plasma (90 )

Heavy Support:
    Leman Russ:
    Hull Heavy Bolter, Extra Armour, (150 )

Anything wrong or suggestion please say otherwise can you give me any good tatic suggestions?
    Last edited by Demonsquirrel; January 21st, 2009 at 16:00. Reason: Mid valuation

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

The mixed grenade launcher flamer squad is the only thing I can see that is a little odd.
    Drop the grenade laucnher and get either another flamer or sponsons on the russ.

Apart from that seems a pretty sound list to me.

Hope that helps

A

+ Reply to Thread