Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I like the DA however ive found their codex, well lacking in almost everything and i have a few questions.
1) I've heard of alot about sernguard, can i use them with DA?
2) Also i picked up an old 04 codex(bad deal on ebay) and found something called traits. Can i use these at all?
3) And genrally rule wise what CANT'T i use with DA that the codex chapters CAN use?
No mixing whatsoever.
Sucks to be us.
Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com
"What good are the Imperial Guard, If not to die for the Emporer!" - Dawn of War
1) Nope cant use Sternguard if using the DA codex.
2) No its the previous codex so not valid anymore.
3) You cant use anything at all in the SM codex. DA is a stand alone codex. No mixing of codexes (sp?) legally allowed.
Of course there is that stupid comment in the FAQ saying you can mix units from the differant codexes if your opponent agrees for friendly games. I cant see why they would though as theres no disadvantage in it for you.
Or you could just use the SM codex for a non Raven/Deathwing DA army so that you get to use all the fancy new toys.
Currently play: 4000+ of Black Legion
Last edited by Cowboy; January 23rd, 2009 at 13:53.
Remember too that while the new codex gives all sorts of new toys and "updated" rules, the DA codex still holds some advantages, depending on what you want to play. Special weapons in five man squads? New marines can't do that. Rites of battle from any master (chapter/company)? Dark Angels again. Only Sicarius in the new book. Terminators as troops? DA. Taking a banner that gives each member of your command squad an extra attack on his profile? Dark Angels. I am sure I could go on, but I'm just too lazy right now. :p
Ultimately, the choice is yours. I bought the new CSM and played as a codex chapter for a while. But the more I read through both books, the more I favour sticking with my Dark Angels.