DKof Krieg - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DKof Krieg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

DKof Krieg

main question is will they ever be picked up by GW as a mainstream product rather than exclusively resin?

and do any of you run a DK army?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally run a DKoK army. I don't have the full set of models for 2xplatoons, so I use them as regular IG using the Grenadier option. When I get the chance I substitute with a fellow IG players Cadians, just so I can use the DKoK weapons. Having been given the engineers as a troops choice really helps on the economy of the army.

I don't think it will ever become a main stream army for GW. As far as the latest rumours goes, there will not be "greatcoat" IG models in plastic any time soon... but then again, those are rumours and we might get lucky.
    My DKoK WIP:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spicker View Post
    I personally run a DKoK army. I don't have the full set of models for 2xplatoons, so I use them as regular IG using the Grenadier option. When I get the chance I substitute with a fellow IG players Cadians, just so I can use the DKoK weapons. Having been given the engineers as a troops choice really helps on the economy of the army.

I don't think it will ever become a main stream army for GW. As far as the latest rumours goes, there will not be "greatcoat" IG models in plastic any time soon... but then again, those are rumours and we might get lucky.
    Woah those models look amazing! so well painted

DK stands for death korps?? (sorry new to 40k)

one of the reason i chose to collect IG is for the awesome extra models forgeworld puts out.
    Especialy DK! which have the connotations of 40k ww1 syle. Ive already picked up a few squads from forge world and the armageddon pattern basilisk which i think with a few modifications will fit with the DK.

where can find the rules for using DK units? i beleive there where some in one of the imperial armour books but i wasnt sure which?

Pedantic Englishman Wolf Lord Herby's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    136 (x4)

You can just use normal IG rules for them, there're even reccomended doctrines in the back of the IG Codex.

The rules that bring in all the extra DKoK stuff are in the Siege of Vraks books, BUT these require opponent's permission to use, although outside of a tournament you should be OK.
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Now i myself am starting a DKoK army aswell, i was actually looking to see others pinions on them when i found this thread.

To your Imperial armour question. The book you are after is IA5, though i encounter problems so i then had to buy IA1 and i need codex:IG for some other stuff. I am also aware of some more stuff in IA6.

As i have found though, it is very expensive even without models and very tedious using 3/4 different books for the one army list. So i am scanning the needed pages, and when i get my 2 final books i'll put together a paper document. Maybe you should do the same.

I could possibly be slapped if the staff in my area see this post. Try to hold off, they may only be rumors but that means they could actually happen, don't start until after the release when we know for sure what models are out. The manager disagrees though.

edit: Hold on, wrong site. Sorry!
    Last edited by Captain Jesus; January 27th, 2009 at 15:01.

i will stay and fight Sealancer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x1)

Now is the best time to collect a DKoK army. The GBP tanked and FW stuff is cheap as hell.
    "Courage without the presence of fear is like a pistol without bullets. Meaningless." Colonel Igor Massif, 6777th Severite Rifles M40

Senior Member Commissar_Malevich's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I run a full DKoK army. It was one hell of an expensive army but I absolutely love them. There is actually some pride in painted them. What is also really nice is that they are scaled properly making the battles appear more interesting. The only thing I have to say is that resin is a bitch to work with. Expect plenty of flash and expect broken products...*shrugs* You may have to do a conversion or two to save some guys.
    Armies:
    Nids 2500pts and Breeding!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No they will never be picked up. The reason why is because "forgeworld" is gamesworkshop. And the DK is really forgeworlds first big success. I mean yeah. someone might buy a titan. But With the DK you have to continually come back to their store.

Also you don't have to save up a ton of cash. you can take some left over change from a paycheck or a birthday card and pick up some DK bit by bit as you work your way up.

As for people collecting them. They are currently the "cool in" army to have. just about EVERYONE will say "yeah I have Death korps" But when you actually say "thats cool how many models do you have" They usually answer with 1 or 2 infantry squads. talking to people, everyone is collecting them. But you will actually see VERY VERY few full DK armies. You are more likely to see a few of them thrown into a regular guard army or used as stormtroopers for inquisition armies.

I have a 1k army of DK but it is not fully painted. I should be upgrading that to a 2k point army this may with the new guard codex. I am just hesitant to buy models (especially forgeworld models) this close to what could be a massive army organization change.

And on that note. When the codex hits. Forgeworld is going to be making A LOT of cash. Because the DK are so popular and there will be a lot of people buying guard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Vicioushellsing View Post
    No they will never be picked up. The reason why is because "forgeworld" is gamesworkshop. And the DK is really forgeworlds first big success. I mean yeah. someone might buy a titan. But With the DK you have to continually come back to their store.
    Notice the red bit. I highlighted this because it is slightly wrong, if that IS the reason. Why did GW make a baneblade? Why did GW make the shadowsword? I also think they did a thunderhawk? and are doing a vulture/valkyrie?

Nice logic anyway, i agree with the rest.

But yeah, friggin expensive! I priced up what around 1k pts would cost, and it was exactly £322.70! I was going to use my xmas money, but you know how it is when you also want that killer jacket and boots. So i relied on my really high wages from my job -

AT WOOLWORTHS

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by spicker View Post
    I use them as regular IG using the Grenadier option. When I get the chance I substitute with a fellow IG players Cadians, just so I can use the DKoK weapons. Having been given the engineers as a troops choice really helps on the economy of the army..
    I'm using the renegades as stormtroopers in my undead IG army (cadian torso + old school skeleton/zombie legs and bits = awsome. (Oh, and CSM and chaos marauder, and bits from simply everywhere with converting.) approx 1000 points so far (With only 1x tank)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jesus View Post
    To your Imperial armour question. The book you are after is IA5, though i encounter problems so i then had to buy IA1 and i need codex:IG for some other stuff. I am also aware of some more stuff in IA6.
    Codex IG is essential.
    Either IA5, vraks, or IA6, Vraks II will give you a krieg list (and they are subtly different)
    I'll bet IA 7, Vraks III will also sport a list - and it'll have not just imperium and renegades, but inquisition and daemons.
    Sigh, before the questions, I said all this last April, and my source is very reliable, and in the know. All said.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicioushellsing View Post
    No they will never be picked up. The reason why is because "forgeworld" is gamesworkshop. And the DK is really forgeworlds first big success.
    Actuall, Elysians were there first big success, and still sell very well. DK do well, but for the time taken by designers and production to make the line The conversion kits for tanks are far more "Profitable" - They do have a larger turnover.

P.P.S. Forgeworld is not games workshop, It is a independant company. Affilitated, yes, management swapped between? yes designers go there for training and are generally shuffled between companies? yes Expanded contracts for procurement / distribution etc? yes.
    But it is not the same - It can fold and GW will wave goodbye.
    The original agreement was FW could use the rights to GW stuff without being sued, and would test the market - when they released stuff they paid for it, and took the profits. If GW wanted to produce their product they had to wait a few years - time unspecifiewd to me - and then they could, or they pay FW for producing things faster (In effect only nominal, there's a good relationship there.)
    GW viewed it as a R&D lab with sculptor training that financed itself. FW created a good profit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast