Da Veterans... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Da Veterans...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've just recently started my DA army and bought a Standard Bearer, Asmodai, Ezekiel and Azrael models and painted them (you can see them in Painting section). Now I need some help on what to do next...any advices? Buy a Tatical Squad?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x6)

well at least two tactical squads one probably geared to shoot from afar and another for close range shooting(with a rhino), then maybe a scout squad for a bit of a punch in cc, after that maybe a predator and a landspeeder squad, and then probably a cuple extra marines to use as a command squad.
    Veni Vidi Variant
    I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.

The spikey ones go faster.

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.

Saga of the Ages. Click it.

Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 tactical squads for a solid base then take a predator or devistator squad for some powere. after that i would recomend a librarian or chaplain for your HQ, but thats just me.
    A fool and his shoe are soon parted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Azrael is a chaplain and Ezekiel is a librarian so there are his HQ... I would suggest 5 man squads of troops with whatever gear you like best being dominant and still get some of the other(AKA long rage squads, tank buster squads, close range squads, etc.)

I also HIGHLY advise scouts I think they're the most versatile unit in the game(feel free to prove me wrong after you check out their section carefully) also make sure to use them as support units, as that's what they are(support for the devi's when their equiped with sniper rifles and other heavy weapons, or tactical squad support when they have bolters, the list goes on)

Then move on to the Heavy's then fast attack or elite. I will explain further if you wish but it's 1 AM here and should go to bed since I have to go to work at 11 AM and have many other things to do after work! :-) BTW who do you usually face or do you not have a gaming group?
    BattleFleet Gothic:
    Valhallan 23rd Imperial Navy: ~2500 pts
    Blood Lord SM Fleet: ~1000 pts

Warhammer 40,000:
    Valhallan 23rd Imperialist Guard: ~6,000 pts
    BT SM: ~2000 pts
    DA SM: ~1000 pts
    BA SM: ~1500 pts
    Tau: ~250

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Valhallan_Might@Jul 21 2004, 00:59
    BTW who do you usually face or do you not have a gaming group?
    [snapback]184729[/snapback]
    Eldars, Tau, IG and Spaces Wolves.

A very violent persona Apotheosis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well brother, go forth and show the Emperor who truly is the finest Chapter there is.

We are the first legion, and those pesky Space Wolves have NOTHING on us!!!!

We are the favored sons of the Emperor!!!!!

Ok. . . . mabye I was too dramatic there.

*ahem*

Don't you play a pure Deathwing, Elgrun??? Or do you play general, DW, and RW (all of them?)???
    "And whoever wants to be a creator in good and evil, must first be an annihilator and break values. Thus the highest evil belongs to the greatest goodness: but this is--being creative."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Azrael is a chaplain and Ezekiel is a librarian so there are his HQ
    They may well be the highest ranking of the mentioned HQ choices, but if his opponent doesn't agree to the use of special characters he's screwed. Also if he doesn't have enough points to use them. Of course, he can use them with the basic rules for Librarians, Interrogator Chaplains, and Heroes (or whatever DA call 'em), but with WYSIWYG he'd only be able to give them the weapons they already had, unless he customised them, but then he wouldn't be able to use them as their respective characters when the chance arises. That was a long sentence.
    Golden Fists:
    W/L/D
    0/3/1

Ravenwing: list made, now just to buy all the stuff on it (why do bikes have to be so expensive?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well he can proxi them as normal chaplains and librarians, and honestly their equipment isn't that bad, I mean I wouldn't equip them like that but my army goes a different way concerning HQ equipment, like the all feared master crafted lightning claws.
    BattleFleet Gothic:
    Valhallan 23rd Imperial Navy: ~2500 pts
    Blood Lord SM Fleet: ~1000 pts

Warhammer 40,000:
    Valhallan 23rd Imperialist Guard: ~6,000 pts
    BT SM: ~2000 pts
    DA SM: ~1000 pts
    BA SM: ~1500 pts
    Tau: ~250

Closed Thread