A Cheezy WH List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Cheezy WH List

Is it possible to make a cheesy / beardy Sisters list ...

WH is known as a soft Codex, but is there a way to make a hard list?

Sisters Of Battle "Order of the Holy Flame"
    Nids "Splinter Fleet Bestia"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Well, it really depends what you mean by cheesy, like my regular 1750 / 2000 point list I would consider to maximize on effective choices. I'm not going to say I NEVER loose with it like some people might, I win some and loose some with my list, but I would consider my list effective not cheesy or beardy.

Here's my 1750 list if you want an example...

Hq

x1 Canoness - 120 points
    - Jump Pack
    - Blessed Weapon
    - Cloak of St. Aspira
    - Book of St.Lucius

x1 Canoness - 115 points
    - Eviscerator
    - Cloak of St. Aspira
    - Jump Pack
    - Book of St.Lucius

Troops

x9 Battle Sisters - 209 points
    -x1 Melta Gun
    -x1 Heavy Flamer
    -x1 Vetran Superior
    - Book of St. Lucius

Transport: Rihno
    - Extra Armour
    - Smoke Launcher

x9 Battle Sisters - 209 points
    -x1 Melta Gun
    -x1 Heavy Flamer
    -x1 Vetran Superior
    - Book of St. Lucius

- Extra Armour
    - Smoke Launcher

x9 Battle Sisters - 205 points
    -x1 Flamer
    -x1 Heavy Flamer
    x1 Vetran Superior
    - Book of St.Lucius

- Extra Armour
    - Smoke Launcher

x9 Battle Sisters - 205 points
    -x1 Flamer
    -x1 Heavy Flamer
    x1 Vetran Superior
    - Book of St.Lucius

- Extra Armour
    - Smoke Launcher

Fast Attack

x9 Seraphim - 285 points
    - x2 Twin Hand Flamers
    x1 Veteran Superior
    - Eviscerator
    - Book of St.Lucius
    - Braizer of Holy Fire

Heavy Support

x1 Exorcist - 135 points

x1 Exorcist - 135 points

x1 Exorcist - 135 points

Faith: 9 Points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gauss, your list is far from cheesy. That is more along the lines of the only effective, non-cheesy way to play Sisters.

Your opponent makes the view on cheesy quite different when it comes to Sisters --- it is not like Sisters in Rhinos compare to the old Flying Circus! Versus MEQ, I would say a Jump Canoness, two Mech-Sisters and three Exorcists at 1000 points would be pretty cheesy; versus hoard, this would a laughable list. I would say the Immolator-spam list is about as close to cheesy as Sisters get. No one can handle that much light armour, and that is enough templates to take out just about anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Elric of Grans View Post
    gauss, your list is far from cheesy. That is more along the lines of the only effective, non-cheesy way to play Sisters.

Your opponent makes the view on cheesy quite different when it comes to Sisters --- it is not like Sisters in Rhinos compare to the old Flying Circus! Versus MEQ, I would say a Jump Canoness, two Mech-Sisters and three Exorcists at 1000 points would be pretty cheesy; versus hoard, this would a laughable list. I would say the Immolator-spam list is about as close to cheesy as Sisters get. No one can handle that much light armour, and that is enough templates to take out just about anything.

Well like I said it's not cheesy, but I don't really see the point in making a so called cheesy WH list as they just don't work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x1)

There aint no such thing as a cheesy WH list. Simple.

ZMB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

55 (x1)

WH can very well take on the best. When it comes to being cheesy or beardy, I would have to say that it all comes down to the person playing. Many people think that Sisters are not up to snuff and I make them eat their words my knowledge of the game. I don't care what army you are playing...If you know the rules and have a plan that points to victory then you will not need a lot tricks to get you by. I personally only build take on all comers list and stick to them as I see tailoring a list to break anothers as not that spirit of the game.

gauss_storm's list is very standard and super effective. I will split my Serephim up into two squads for extra faithand and flexability, but I have won my share of games with a list close to this. I think it is Beardy and to stick with only that does get old after a while. I have gotten into the habbit of taking on different sqauds in the 1750 point range such as GKT's for deepstike and cc. I will also maybe take a Shootie Inquisitor squad and a Vindicare asassin just to change things up and try out new tactics. Everytime I have come out on top as sisters in rhino just fits my style of play so well. As the codex reads at this point I see little chance or a foot-slogging sister force having much chance to pull anything off. All things that the girls excel at are in rapid fire range and rhinos help to facilitate the girls getting there alive.

Cheesy....What is that any way? Is it a list that many people play because it tends to win a lot? or is it a list built to some extreme where people are just not prepared to deal with it. If it is a list that lends it's self towards victory more often than not, perhaps it is just common sense to field said units any play that way. Many of the players I have met are still trying to get their barings and hope to field something that will win them that game that first or second game. I see many of these cheesy/beardy lists as primers. Something to work off of and break the monotony. For the most part I think the game is somewhat balenced (short of some of the crap that daemon hunters have vs chaos and daemons). There is allways a way and you have to facilitate that in all aspects of the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ZMB View Post
    For the most part I think the game is somewhat balenced
    Guardsmen, Termagaunts and Shootaboyz are all the same price. Shootaboyz are dramatically better than Termagaunts, who are, in turn, a better than Guardsmen. The game will never really be balanced as long as their Codex update schedule is so long. Something designed for one or two editions back will never be on the same page as something designed for the current edition. That does not mean those armies cannot be competitive, but some things just do not work properly (eg Kill Points and Imperial Guard). Sometimes Games Workshop does some plain stupid things too. Anyone who knows about the Daemons of Chaos in Fantasy Battle will know what I am talking about. The way that more recent army updates have been getting hamstrung shows that even they realise they screwed up!

Really, at the end of the day, `cheesy' is when you face something that is simply not fun to play against. I had an opponent once who brought in a S10 T6 A5 M12'' HQ along with 40 troops and 3 AV11walkers... at 500 points. After stomping everyone else that day, even he admitted it was not fun. People call the seven Land Raider list cheesy. Grey Knights are hard to call cheesy, but even two or three Land Raiders is becoming tiresome; no one wants to fight seven of the things! The only time I hear people call Sisters cheesy is when they first hear of Acts of Faith. Yeah, an army of 3++ and rapid-firing AP1 Bolters is plain gross! If that were how it played, the Sisters would not be fun. Those people universally change their minds once they actually see the army in action and realise it is far from how it sounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

59 (x2)

People will call cheese when they get beaten by something they don't expect to get beaten by.

I've had cries of cheese tossed at me for being able to draw from 3 codexes.

I've done a WH light armored company and been called cheese, because the different codexes cover each other's weak spots.

I ran a list with 1 russ, 2 exorcists, 2chimera (armored fist squads), 2rhino (Hflamer/flamer) SoB squads, a jumpy cannoness, Inferno pistol seraphim, and a shooty DH Inq retinue with 2 sages, and 2 mystics.

I didn't think it was cheesy, but apparently 7 pieces of armor and 3 codexes was cheesy.

It was a difficult list to use, mixing very static, and some dynamic elements. ok, mostly a static shooty tactic.
    check out Farmpunk's blog:
    the Back 40k

ZMB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

55 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Elric of Grans View Post
    I would say the Immolator-spam list is about as close to cheesy as Sisters get. No one can handle that much light armour, and that is enough templates to take out just about anything.
    What is this Immolator spam list? The best I can think of is 6 rhinos w/ SoBs, 3 Immolators Dominions, and 3 exorcists. I must say that 12 pieces of light armor sounds hard to beat, but its not like we are the only ones who can do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ: 2 x Canoness + minimum Celestian retinue in Immolators
    Elites: 3 x minimum Celestians in Immolators
    Troops: 2 x Sisters in Rhinos
    Fast Attack: 3 x minimum Dominions in Immolators
    Heavy Support: 3 x Immolators

11 Immolators and two Rhinos, Flamers/Heavy Flamers with the odd smattering of Melta/Melta coming from the fire points. Lots of light armour, one hell of a lot of flame templates. It has been highly successful against Hoard Orks, Mech-Eldar, Mech-Tau, Nidzilla, Daemons, etc. I believe stjohn70 placed somewhere in the top-10 with this list.

Personally, I would find this one hell of a boring list to play. Then again, I could say that about probably all of them tournament builds.
    2009 Record:
    Sisters...
    vs Marines - 2/0/1
    vs Orks - 0/0/3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast