New 5th Ed tactica - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Time for a new tactica?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

26 76.47%
  • No

2 5.88%
  • Read between the lines of the old one

6 17.65%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New 5th Ed tactica

While i am not great tactician, is it not maybe time for a whole new 5th Ed. tactica for DH?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Bas
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Press the windows button on your keyboard. Go to all programs, accessories, then open notepad. You know what to do!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AAAARGH to much pressure!!!!!

Maybe it could be done in sections...

ps. i type with one finger... so don't hold your breathe

Bas
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In all fairness, I think the strategy of shooting them as much as possible, then get assaulting when they're too close still works in 5th.

Senior Member image vertification sux's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree it's the most effective style of GK's... But I think theres a niche for more assault orientated than shooting orientated army lists, and also someone needs to explain how to use assassins before I shelves them or sell them.
    I might write like a ork but i fight like a poet.
    Some one tell me they have ever seen a nightbringer die from a Nemesis Force Weapon.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok i will try something for vindicare

alright maybe we can go at it in pieces and compile something to replace the present one.
    I will try an entry for the vindicare tomorrow...

Insert Witty Comment Here Goblin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x2)

Assassin's are no where near as useful in 5th ed as they were in 4th ed. I forget why I came to this conclusion. I also forget my name and other things. I need sleep, just wanted to say hello!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

I think most of the things are still okey. But I have to agree with the rewrite for the assassins (who got hit hard by new edition) and maybe army composition, but thats about it.

Most of our tactics didn't change, and only army composition is changed mostly from FAGK to PAGK (at least, for me it did).
    Tyranids Win [31]/ Draw [0]/Lost [0]
    Daemon Hunters Win [17]/ Draw [2]/ Lost [1]
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...t&uniqueid=232

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry have been distracted still only half way through the tactica for the vindicare... will post asap.

If anyone has other entries/suggetions please submit them. (even if they are just a comment on our FA choice not being a wise one due to the relience on troops in 5th Ed....)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok so it is rushed but here goes

Feel free to help me refine this and add your 2 cents worth.

Assassins:

Vindicare

Independent
    (not an independant character though so no attaching to squads)
    Fearless
    (be carefull this ability may open you up to taking extra saves should you lose in close combat.)
    Invulnerable save means not having to hide in cover ...unless you want to.
    2 wounds

Tactics:

This assassin can cause irrational fear in your opponent causing them to do stupid things with their special characters, such as hiding him behind a building all game long or running away from your troops instead of towards them.Do your best to help your opponent develop this fear.

Easily mistaken for a character killer,due to the idea of him being a "master" sniper, this assassin is excellent for taking out squad leaders more so than models with invulnerable saves (that said if you get your shot go for it!) Choose your targets wisely and use this assassin to tilt the game in your favour.
    This assasin will not win you the game by it'self... so beware of over-relying on it.

During set-up:

If you have first turn:
    Position the assassin with a clear view of the 1st model you intend to target.Ensure you have a wide field of fire. You may want to possition this model near another squad for support. Remember that it can be a waste to position this model in cover at the expense of getting that vital first shot. With a 4+ inv. save the need for "cover" is reduced to allowing you to strike first in close combat- which you will probably do anyway due to his high Initiative.Due to the amazing hiding ability (stealth suit) of this master sniper your opponent needs to roll to see (2D6 x 3") but can chose another target if they don't make the roll... um go ahead remind them of that..go on...

If your opponent goes first:

Beware of positioning this model too far forward allowing your opponent to wipe him out before he gets a shot off.Patience youg padawan...

Position wisely but still with a particular target in view as you may "steal the initiative".

During the game:

Try not to move unless absolutely necessary (heavy wep).

Try to take out single wound models as you will see more return for your investment.

Remember that sniper weapons are rending and pinning...try not to forget these vital facts as it can mean that you could pin an entire squad at just the right moment.Remember a pinned squad can't hold an objective...

You may not be able to capture objectives but you can contest them.

Consider using the vindicare to tip the balance of your opponents cover saves for another squad.

Always target Necron lords... it freaks them out.

Special rounds

Even though you only have one of each don't feel obligated to inform your opponent of this fact (NO! I am not suggesting cheating rather... while playing say something like " ...mmm which round should i choose this time...mmm i think i will use turbo penetrator against your tank". This sneaky approach will cause your opponent to incorrectly "think" that you may pick and choose making them shake in their boots even more.

Hellfire:

This should always be used in your fist shooting round. By using this special round you only require 2s to hit (as normal) and 2s(rather than 4s) to wound. If your opponent was not scared before he will wet himself now and send his characters running for cover [waste of time]

Sheild Breaker:

This shot ignores inv.Saves so it is great for targeting targets that only have these types of saves (2+ & 4+ dependant)

Turbo penetrator:

This shot is 3D6 rending
    Which give it a range of damage from 3 to 27 (6+3+ 6+3+ 6+3) and will work against the monolith as you are not getting extra dice only it's base strenght (3D6 rending).Once again not the most reliable but potentially devastating.

or you could use it vs. a model rather than a vehicle. Do Want to take out that 2 wound model in one round? Play the odds (2+ and 4+) and wipe it off the board.

Pro's:
    The most enjoyable feature of this assassin is the ability to single out individual models in units or otherwise protected in some other way (even models"locked" in close combat [as per WH FAQ] )

High balistic skill means that even in 5th Ed. he only needs 2s to hit (unlike regular space marine snipers that need 3s) and 4s to wound (this is still not too reliable...maybe someone can crunch the numbers and work out the average)

With an AP2 weapon any hit & wound should take out even the hardiest normal target(ones with invulnerable saves may still get to save).If your target is in cover (area terrain) or you are shooting through terrain or past other troops [providing a 4+ cover save] be sure to remember the vindicares spy mask give him the ability to reduce cover saves by -1. Meaning that most times your opponent will need to roll 5+ to save.

Even the Pistol is great 2s to hit and st5 means mostly 2s or 3s to wound at AP2
    DO NOT FORGET HIS PISTOL!!!
    it could wound even more easily than the rifle is assault 2! So if you're in range prefer it to the rifle!
    It can be usefull to make him support an other unit or to lock one of your opponents unis in CC Quite often your oppoent will cross the board nearby him, totally overlooking this possibility thinking of him only as a single shot sniper.

base 3 attacks, 4attack on the charge + 2 AP2 pistol shots previous to it

a great strength and toughness (for a human)

Some great Apocalypses options

Con's:

Can only be taken if you have some form of =][= in your force.

Only one assassin can be taken from the 4 possible choices (though death cult assassins can still be taken)

With needing a 4+ or 50% chance to wound (most times) the vindicare will sometimes fail to "make his points back" as you may rolls 1's all day.

toughness 4 leaves you open to instant death from may weapons.

In dawn of war missions you can not deploy any elites meaning he has to come on as a "reserve"- keeping him out of action for a round (possibly two) while getting into position (heavy weapon)

36" range can be just too short on occasion forcing you into deploying him too far forward or centered on the table (as opposed to tactically positioned)

Verdict: fun with variable reliability you may roll 1s or 6s all day :-) good for "playing" your opponent. Probably worth the points.
    Be prepared to lose this model during the game. That's their job so don't shed a tear. Beware of making your stratergy depend on this model.
    Last edited by Grey nut; February 10th, 2009 at 14:52. Reason: helpfull suggestions from others included

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast