Librarium Online Forums banner

Whats hardest to kill?

3K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  iCON 
#1 ·
I am a realitivy new imperial guard player and i want to know this:what is the hardest to kill and how do you kill it? Is it a wraith heavy eldar army or a terminator filled Marine army? thats all i want to know.

#2 ·
It all depends on how you build your army. Guard are one of those armies where you can build to the situation you are in. A balanced army of any forces will be able to compete with a balanced army of any other force. hence the points system. if you post a list saying what you are likely to face we may be able to help though!

A

#3 · (Edited)
large amounts of terminators really piss me off(more than 15 in 1500pts) because I want my guard army to not have many plasma guns, they are supposed to be rare(i have 1 plasma pistol, and 1-2 guns in my whole army at 1850 )

#13 ·
ahh, the sound of powerarmor crunch beneth my demolishers threads.....
or i could just be very lucky that there multi meltas neva hurt me.

but the tech marine commander, just thinking of goinging against him i could fill a colosomy bag with crap

#4 ·
For me it's Necrons. Partly that's because I like tanks and gauss rules mess them up big-time but mostly it's because every model they have has no less than a 50% chance of surviving even a Demolisher shell. The resurrection orb has got to be the most underpriced piece of wargear in any army in 40k...in my opinion its cost could be 300 points and people would still take it in 1500 games. If you can kill the Res Orb and any Monoliths then the Necrons aren't so bad...good luck with that, though.

An Iyanden-style army wouldn't be bad at all since they don't usually have much in the way of CC or even mass firepower (normally an Eldar staple). Terminators have become obnoxious but tend to get frustrated at the lack of worthy targets.

#6 ·
are we talking about an army in general or a specific model? if it's armies then i've struggled a lot with Chaos Deamons but that could be because i don't have enough figures to make a specialized force... if it's individual models a lone carnifex has taken hundreds of shots in game before from me and would not go down...

#7 ·
thanks for replying.My hardest army to kill is a
wraith eldar army.reclently I played against one of these armies.there were a few jetbikes and afalcon,all of which i destoryed.But there was a large wraithguard unit and a wraithlord which hunted down the stuff that could kill them and then went on to kill all the rest of my army.
that is why i hate wraith

#8 ·
...in general, most everything that doesn't rely on shooting

lol shrug, dunno... hmm, things that aren't usually too bad to fight against... i guess tau and grey knights.

but it's really all situational with list vs list and player vs player.

#9 ·
I think that what is difficult for you to handle is subject to a lot of factors.

The type of list YOU run.
The type of list your OPPONENT runs.
Terrain setup.

what's hard for one list to handle might not be a challenge at all for a different type of list.

tactical skill of a general also comes in as a factor. I've seen different people use the same list to very different outcomes verses the same opponent.

I suggest building a list that can take on most any force you might fight. Of course, you're probably more likely to face Marines or Chaos Marines than Dark Eldar, but you never know.

#10 ·
Eldar Falcons and their hundred ways to stay alive and not get hit when you shoot at them...total pain in the ass! Also my buddies future nid army is going to suck to fight...Hive tyrant, 2 tyrant guard, 4 Carnifex's, 9 Warriors and 36 genestealers...im dead.

#11 ·
Eldar Falcons and their hundred ways to stay alive and not get hit when you shoot at them...total pain in the ass!
I agree. At least shooting at terminators makes sense. I respect something that makes an armor save. I have no respect for something that simply reduces the power of my weapon, reduces my ability to hit, or gets a save based on some perverted technology.

All aliens must be purged with cleansing flame!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.