Librarium Online Forums banner

Apocalypse Inquisitors

458 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  crazyrpger 
#1 ·
Hidy ho WH forum! I've been a fan of the list, but between other armies, I've ever gotten around to makinga WH force, and I doubt I will be able to in the near future. Hoever, I was thinkingi t could be worhtwhile to do a small project to create an Inquisitor and retinue.

However, my vision of Inquisitors are larger than life figures, men and women who can go toe to toe with the worst scum in the universe and emerge victorious. Therefore, I want to make an Inquisitor that can actually do some damage. The problem with this is that to make a powerful Inquisitor, the point cost raises dramatically. Therefore, I want an Inquisitor Lord to use in friendly Apocalypse games, you know, the ones with five people o each side.

Here is my build...

Inquisitor Lord
Hammer of the Witches
Divine Pronouncement
Master-Crafted Force Weapon
Rosarius
Excruciators
Psyoculum
Auspex
Psi-Tracker
Liber Heresius
Purity Seals

Full Retinue w/ geared up acolytes, and all sorts of other goodies

So what do you think? If you could made an uber-powerful Inquisitor for an Apocalypse game, what would you bring?

See less See more
#2 ·
I would take.....

x1 Inquisitor Lord - 622 points
- Inferno Pistol
- Master Crafted Force Weapon
- Hammer Hand
- Frag Grenades
- Inquisitorial Mandate
- Power Armour
- Physic Hood
- Rosarius

x3 Acolytes
- x3 Power Weapons
- x3 Bolt Pistols
x3 Crusaders
- x3 Power Sword and Suppression Shield
x1 Familiar
x3 Chirurgeon

Transport:
Land Raider
- Extra Armour
- Smoke Launchers

#3 ·
Gauss Storm has it about right, that is a super sexy inquisitor build out for close combat... However, I'd like to caveat that a Witch Hunter Inquisitor is never gonna be a super ridiculous power house...

That said, depending on what you want, you may go for ye olde method of making a super shooty inquisitor with 3 gun servitors toting your choice of heavy weapon death, mystics, sages, chirurgeons and a land raider... I love the land raider...

However, if it's Apocalypse, why not make some rules only loosely based on the WH inquisitor? Give him some better stats and more powerful henchmen in a super heavy transport. If you're playing friendly games and plan it out with your pals, there's no limit to the awesome you can create! I can see 10 plasma cannon servitors firing out of a super heavy before the inquisitor and his 20 crusaders jump out of the assault hatches and he plows through a mob of mutants and heretics! Seriously, you could design an entire data sheet around a legendary Inquisitor, if that's what you're looking for. Just ignore the restrictions on henchmen and pull in some super heavies and extra rules.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.