What chapter do you play? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What chapter do you play?

Hey all Just wondering what chapters people are playing, and the reasons for playing them. This includes chapters you have made yourselves, feel free to include your own fluff!

Salamanders WIP:
    W/L/D
    1/0/1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xaos778 View Post
    Hey all Just wondering what chapters people are playing, and the reasons for playing them. This includes chapters you have made yourselves, feel free to include your own fluff!

you should really make this into a pole.
    i've been playing dark angels since i was 9 years old! haha a long time. when i was that age my cousin got me into it and he had blood angles. blood angels and dark angels shared the same codex at that time so it was my first choice for space marine chapter. plus i loved the stories of the original space marines, especially dark angels. they hate chaos space marines as much as i do. ultramarines seemed so goody two shoes though and too perfect. so boring. i liked the drama of the history of dark angels. blood angels would be my second choice, shame about their codex though. but i really like the idea of tainted and dramatic back stories. Lion El Johnson was a wild beast. pretty cool to me when i was 9.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been collecting for about 8 years and have played a couple of DIY chapters as well as First Founding Chapter, but my main space marine army is Ultramarines. Its the only army i constantly find myself coming back to. I usually find that most people who don't love Ultramarines hate there guts... other space marines players included, they kind of like marmite....

But yeh the reason i like them is because of the story line, they have no dark secrets and they are about honour but they're not blindly loyal, fair enough they will wipe out a whole planet if the need arises but they will always look for another alternative, unlike other chapters who would wipe out entire systems for having even the slightest hint of taint. They're in it for the people and i find that quite appealing, its also the reason i went for salamanders, but i prefer blue and gold to endless tides of green, especially when i collect orks as well.
    Warning this user is totally insane...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    216 (x7)

I'm pretty sure there are several of these threads lying about should you go back a page or 2.

That said Doom Eagles 3rd Company. 2nd Founding Chapter of the Ultramarines
    Arch Overfiend & Grand Despot
    I currently play:
    Doom Eagle Space Marines
    Hive Fleet Omega Tyranids
    Goff Ork Boyz(dead)
    Tau of O'me
    Inquisitorial Xeno Hunters

and my attempted foray into fantasy
    'Dark Angel Green' Dark Elves in need of fluff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SMurfs. Why? Because that's what color they were on the box. then I read the fluff and went "These guys are awesome"
    May the Emperor forgive you, for his servants cannot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Space wolf's. As the codex says Vikings in space who could ask for more than that.
    And White Scar stye army with bikes.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x1)

My own chapter is the Storm Hawks (3rd Company). They are a successor chapter of the Raven Guard. They're just Vanilla Marines, no fancy tricks or Special Characters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello fellow space marine players! for me i play as darkangels. I really like the overal appareance and rules that go with them. there also the first 40k army that I ever played with. Now since they came out with a new darkangels codex (its not brand new but the newest one of course) and allows them to have veteran marines makes it a lot better (remember that darkangels didn't use to have veterans as an elites option). I also like the fact that in certian situations you can split up a single ten man into two different squads (which can effectivly be used for scouts 5 w/bolters and the other 5 w/ snipers makes this rule great!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x3)

I am playing blood angles 4th company, no real reason why i choose them. It was just to take a break from painting my chaos space marines army. My brother plays ultramarines 2nd company.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    182 (x5)

Space Wolves... not the standard painting scheme of course but Space Wolves!!!

And making Iron Hands.

There was a time I was about to mix Space Wolves and Iron Hands to make Iron Wolves...
    Thanks to all the people showing faith in me

I sometimes feel that everyone will leave me and they will be on their own...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast