Command Platoons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Command Platoons

In the codex it states "1 Command Platoon" And in my gaming group there is a bit of confusion as to if it means that you are required to have it just like tau have to have their commanders but it doesn't say "1+" like the tau.

SO my question is are IG required to use a command platoon or can an IG army have a HQ like U.Creed or Yarrick without a command platoon?

Warhammer 40k: Blood Angels, Imperial Guard, Grey Knights, Space Lizards (wolves), Kroot, Witch Hunters, Dark Eldar
    Warhammer: Lizardmen, Empire, Vampire Counts, Brettonians, High Elves, Skaven

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It says 1, because you need to include 1, no less no more, in every guard army. That is why its not 0-1 or 1+.
    Thus we only get to use the one HQ slot on the FOC (unless you count "special" characters).

Unless I have been playing my army wrong for many years now that is

Cheers

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

1 means exactly 1. Even if you were to get Creed, you still need to have a Command Platoon first. The only exception is if you get Colonel Schaeffer and the Last Chancers. According to the IG FAQ, Schaeffer can count as HQ (without having to take command platoon) and his last chancers can count as up to 2 troop choices on the FOC.

Pedantic Englishman Wolf Lord Herby's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    136 (x4)

To follow up on Jy2, you can only forgo the Command Platoon if your army consists of nothing but Schaeffar and the Last Chancers. So much as add a sentinel, and you need a Command Platoon as well.
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

+ Reply to Thread