help with ig in new rules - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

help with ig in new rules

lets just say i have been playing gw stuff for just about 20 years but have not been all the serious for the last 4 years or so

but i have never been ig but use to fight against a lot but i always liked them

i have the codex and new rules i dont a apocolipse yet and am waiting for 2 battleforces and comand boxsets to be

so i have my core hq and 2 troops but as to wear i go from hear i am stuck i see poeple talking about mec infantry and using storm troopers as troop option messing with my head

im like well i get the normal Force Organisation Chart but allthe other stuff i just dont even know ware it is coming from

any help with this would be very very welcome

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x1)

Guard armies are often based around Doctrines ull find them at the back of your codex, They come under restricted troops, alternative organisation, Skills and Drill, and Equipment. You get to pick 5 out of these to compliment your army. This is how they use storm troopers as troops. They choose alternative organsation Grenadiers which means you can take storm troopers as troop choices. With these doctrines you can make drop troops infiltrators allsorts. Worth checking them out before you decide on your army for sure.

PS. Rumours have it that in the new codex doctrines will be removed, might be worth hanging on before your build any specilised units to fit a doctrine.

Mercian

+ Reply to Thread