New blood angels in '09 ??? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New blood angels in '09 ???

I heard a rumor that there will be another codex update & new models for the Blood Angels this year. Is this true, or is someone blowing smoke up my ass?

If it is true, what will they be doing to them?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard this too from someone who knows someone
    As to what models, I dont know, just thought I'd mention I also heard this too
    End of '09 start of 2010 =]
    Last edited by biadetic; February 7th, 2009 at 13:34.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x5)

I doubt it. They just got their update, which puts them right at the bottom of the list with Marines, Chaos and Orks. If they were to get anything, I couldn't see it being any more than another WD rules update. There's just so many other projects long overdue for attention!
    We've got plenty of youth... How about a fountain of smart?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I wouldn't bet any money on those rumors yet as still lots of things can change, but the outlook is promising:BoLS rumors
    "Fear not and look up to the sky for salvation, for we have entered orbit."
    Blood Angels 2nd Grail Guard Company

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

SW are slated for that time period... Everybody else, please take your place in line behind WH, DH, SW, Necrons and Dark Eldar...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wasnt the last update to the BA codex just a nerfing of mephistons Transfixing Gaze...?

Either way, I doubt this would be true. They have a pretty decent army list, while alot more expensive they have alot of unique goodies which is why I like them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    98 (x1)

please take your place in line behind WH, DH, SW, Necrons and Dark Eldar...
    yah, i wouldnt bet too much on a BA, BT, or even DA codex any time soon. These three chapters are already good in 5th, that they don't really require a fix yet. The ones mentioned by SmokWawelski are in need more of a newer codex then other SM chapters.
    Check out Double Edged Painting blog for more information on commissions and work in progress

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Acez View Post
    These three chapters are already good in 5th, that they don't really require a fix yet.
    Well, it's not quite that easy. The Blood Angels Update was done really badly and is full of errors, like e.g. our Rhino has no doors and no firing hatches. If we played by the letter, our Rhinos would be only moving boxes carrying a storm bolter. Space Wolves, on the other hand, can refer explicitly to the new Vanilla Codex for some wargear which is impossible to do for Blood Angels.

In terms of waiting time I agree that Spaces Wolves, Demon Hunters etc. deserve to get a new Codex first, but I definitely wouldn't mind if Games Workshop decided to at least iron out all the errors in our Codex soon. It can't be that much work to update a PDF...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the PDF codex

I kind of like the PDF codex, because hey, free codex. But it doesn't really make Games Workshop enthusiastic about making updates or even giving the Blood Angels the much needed attention they deserve. The Blood Angels are one of the main armies in 40k. At least the Dark Angels & Black Templars have booster packs to customize the models. Seriously, if Games Workshop released a new codex & new models, I would seriously buy a whole new army, unless they do something stupid and totally nerf them or mess them up completely. What they have now works, but needs an update. The Blood Angels can't even take the new vehicles or models that the vanilla marines get.

ME WANT NEW MODELS FOR THE BLOOD ANGELS!!!
    "SO FEAR NOT AND BE PROUD, FOR WE ARE THE SONS OF SANGUINIUS, THE PROTECTORS OF MANKIND."
    -COMMANDER DANTE
    LORD of the BLOOD ANGELS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by khfc View Post
    The Blood Angels can't even take the new vehicles or models that the vanilla marines get.
    Well, I belong to those generals who don't feel the need for that. After all, Vanilla Marines deserve their own share of unique models as well. However, it would be nice if our Rhinos had access doors, our Drop Pods the same rules (including the Deathwind System) for calling in reserves, our Storm Shields allow the same saving roll etc. etc.

Oh, and Brother Lord Dante as the Master of a Founding Chapter is not allowed to call for an orbital bombardment, although it is very obvious fluffwise that he is able to do so. Before we need any new units, we need to get the mistakes on the current ones fixed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast