Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Behold the awesomeness.All I have to say is "Oh Emperor Praise be His Name". If even half of this is true, then I am happy.Rumors brought to the community by Inmaterium's: Coballdge and Warseer's: Scryer in the Darkness
Latest IG tidbits translated from Spanish.
Penal Battalion: 50 pts. 1 Custodian and 9 Penal troopers. Ld 8. Rifle and close combat weapons. Scouts, Stubborn, "Desperate".
Chimera: 55 pts. 12 10 10 Tank, Amphibious, Mobile Command Vehicle. Multi-laser, hull Heavy Bolter, searchlight and smoke launchers. Options: Upgrade Multi-laser to Heavy Flamer or Heavy Bolter - free; hull Heavy Bolter to Heavy Flamer - free; Storm Bolter or Heavy Stubber +10pts, Hunter-Killer Missile +10pts, Dozer Blade +10 pts, Extra Armour +15pts, Camo Netting +20pts.
Hellhound: 12 12 10 Tank, Fast. Inferno Cannon: 12" Template, S6 AP4 Heavy 1 (like the previous version but there is no roll to hit and no partials, but reaches 12").
Devildog: 12 12 10 Tank, Fast. Fusion Cannon: 24" S8 AP1 Heavy 1, Blast, "Fusion".
Banewolf: 12 12 10 Tank, Fast. Chemical Cannon: S1 AP3 Heavy 1, Template, Poison (wounds on a 2+ to "targets with resistance").
- Leman Russ Special Rule: Can choose to move 6" and fire all weapons or fire nothing and move 6" +1D6".
LR Battle Tank: 14 13 10 Tank. Battle Cannon.
LR Exterminator: 14 13 10 Tank. Exterminator Autocannon: Heavy 4, Twin-linked.
LR Vanquisher: 14 13 10 Tank. Vanquisher Cannon: AP2 Heavy 1, +1D6 penetration.
LR Eradicator: 14 13 10 Tank. Eradicator Nova Cannon: 36" S6 AP4 Heavy 1, Large Blast, Ignores cover saves.
LR Demolisher: 14 13 11 Tank. Demolisher Siege Cannon.
LR Punisher: 14 13 11 Tank. Punisher Gatling Cannon: 24" S5 AP- Heavy 20.
LR Executioner: 14 13 11 Tank. Executioner Plasma Cannon: 36" S7 AP2 Heavy 3.
Basilisk: 12 10 10 Tank, Open Topped^.
Medusa: 12 10 10 Tank, Open Topped^. Medusa Siege Gun: 36" S10 AP2, Heavy Artillery 1, Large Blast. "Fortification Buster" Ammunition: 48" S10 AP1 Heavy 1, Blast, +1D6 penetration.
Colossus: 12 10 10 Tank, Open Topped^. Colossus Siege Cannon: 24-240" S6 AP3 Heavy Artillery 1, Large Blast, Ignores cover saves.
Griffon: 12 10 10 Tank, Open Topped^. Griffon Heavy Mortar: 12-48" S6 AP4 Heavy Artillery 1, Large Blast, can choose to "repeat" (re-roll?) deviation dice roll.
Manticore: 12 10 10 Tank. Storm Eagle Missile: 4 only. 24-120" S10 AP4 Heavy Artillery 1D3, Large Blast.
Deathstrike: 12 12 10 Tank. Deathstrike Missile: 1 only. 12"-960" S10 AP1 Heavy Artillery***, Blast (radius 1D3+3").
- Cannot be fired on Turn 1. Each turn roll a D6, weapon can be fired on a 6. Modifiers: +1 per turn, -1 for each crew stunned or weapon destroyed results sustained. Can always be fired on the roll of a natural 6.
- Any weapon destoyed results received are ignored, the only effect they have is to delay the launch.
- Hits on vehicles in the area of the Deathstrike Missile are not calculated at half strength but at S10.
^These four can also be enclosed.
Thats it ... I have heard on the other hand, from the same guy who took the photos, that:
Ogryns: 25 pts, S5 T5 A3 Sv4+ and have "rabid assault" (Furious Charge?).
Valkyrie: Skimmer. 24" move. Troops may disembark at any point in its movement, but more than 12" and they take a dangerous terrain check.
***Note that in the original Spanish, no quantity is given for the number of area effect markers for the Deathstrike. Ref 1D3 on the Manticore.
~One, BoLS has heard confirmation on the Deathstrike, so I wouldn't immediately discount all of this stuff. There are certainly some translation issues with some of the special rules, and ranges during the cm-inches conversions, so watch out for those. Still, that is some really cool stuff in there. As usual with these, caveat emptor. Still, Heavy 20...thats crazy talk!!!
The majority seems to good to be true, i would be seriously impressed if we get that much versitility. The variation and possibile tactics that would emerge would be immesne and highly diverse.
Still rumours are rumours and have anasty way of not coming true. Sounds awsome but lets wait n see .
As an Eldar player I have got to say these look like fun and decent variants. I was a bit taken aback when I saw the heavy 20 but on an IG tank that's not unreasonable. One thing that will most definitely change though is the troops. 10 men taking up an entire IG troop slot is bad news for those infantry guard players.
Never apologise for asking questions young seers, through asking
questions we find answers, and through those answers we gain
knowledge of ourselves and the universe around us
Meet My Autarch
I like the amount of tank variants, and the weapons on them are very cool, but giving them the ability to move 6 inches and fire every weapon, ORDNANCE, MAIN AND DEFENSIVE! is just stupid. I'm taking that with a heap of salt as not even the land raider is that powerful and it costs a lot more than a leman russ. Staying stationary and firing all guns, i would be fine with, ordnance and all. But moving and firing with them all would be way to overpowered.
This was also posted at dakkadakka a few days ago by Death By Monkeys:All in all, things are looking positive for the new IG codexBoot Camp (Boot Camp -> Consolidated Rumors) has its own similar thread on the Consolidated IG Rumor list, but what Dakka hasn’t seen (well, except for the few Dakkaites, like Col. Gravis that I’ve seen post over on Boot Camp) is the response to many of these rumors from a source called Mkoll - confirming and debunking many of these rumors. Folks there take him as legit, so I figured I’d share the wealth here – I’m going to summarize most of what he’s said. His comments were also scattered over 4-5 pages, so I’ve tried to reorganize them in a way that makes more sense. Also, keep in mind that a lot of what he was doing was implying based on models and rules he’d seen – he gave caveats that as the Codex hasn’t been finalized yet, things may still change.
- Command Squad Boxes will include all the special weapons in plastic (1 of each), 3 different officer heads, several different close combat weapons (Swords, Fists etc), various embellishments, 2 suits of officer armor, one more practical one more dressy, and 4 Cadians with a few new/special heads.
- The Stormtrooper greens with the shotguns do not imply that IG Stormtroopers will be getting shotguns, but are instead for WH Arbites-style Stormtroopers.
- Stormtroopers will not be released in the first wave, but instead may be released with an Inquisitor supplement oriented around Planetfall.
- The new Ratlings are nice, the new psykers, not so much.
- Commissars still exist in a capacity different to what they do now. They are allowed to attach to certain squads. However once a Commissar Lord is taken they have more freedom and there can be more of them. They are also cheaper(almost half of what they are now).
- IG Sniper Squads, in addition to getting infiltrate, stealth, rangefinders, and sniper rifles will also get camo cloaks.
- Vet Squads probably won’t be upgrades for platoons.
- While sentinels, chimeras, and hellhounds will be able to attach to platoons as support vehicles, demolishers will not.
- Support Squads are different now and are platoon attachments not command squad attachments.
- Basic squad loadout will be 10 Lasguns or 9 Lasguns and a Laspistol for 40 points.
- Platoon Drill will require a vox network.
- Some squads will have access to heavy flamers.
- New Catachan plastics will have scaled down arms.
- No greatcoat plastics.
- Ogryns will be T5, 4+ save, and FNP for the same price they are now.
- Ogryns have no new models. At least not yet. The newish ones are current.
- Some, but not all, tanks will be able to fire sponson weapons as Defensive weapons.
- Cadian Rough Riders will be in the 1.5 wave.
- Leman Russ boxes will include parts to make LRBT, Demolisher, Vanquisher, and Exterminator.
- Chimera boxes will have parts for 3 other variants (including Hellhound). The Chimera will have 6 variants (though some of these sound like they’re just different Chimera weapon options).
- Basilisk boxes may come with parts for Medusas and Griffons.
- While you’ll be able to field more armor, you won’t be able to field an armored company as part of the regular codex.
- And while you’ll be able to field more tanks, the true strength will be the numbers of guardsmen you can field. 110 Points for 25 Guardsmen with nothing but flashlights.
- The Valkyrie will be different from the FW version, but not any huge difference.
- A Spearhead Sentinel is one that is equipped with heavier weapons and meant to be the spearhead of an attacking force. It lacks Scout moves or the like but has slightly better front armor and several variant weapons.
Heavy 20 is really not that scary, it would only result in 2.22 dead MEQ
T5 FNP 4+ Ogryns might be actually worth it.
Access to some Fast vehicles will make grabbing objectives easier, and Russes that can actually use their weapons will be nice.
I'd be really chuffed if this is true! My Guard are on hold at the moment waiting for the new Codex before I finish building them all, but would really get back in to them if this stuff is true! Great find!
Whatever they are obviously trying to make us buy more tanks.
And its working
Did the emperor just wake up, heavy 20 do you hear that? Is that gork and mork crying?
I usually erase my stupid excited comments but i think I should leave it because that is amazing?
Are hull lascannons now worth it if you can fire all weapons?
Last edited by CKO; February 8th, 2009 at 19:48.
I am really struggeling with some of these new rumors. It's not that I do not want more tanks, I love them, but I cant see how they are going to support more than maybe 4 of the russ variants with models. And if you need to go forgeworld, then why bother making codex rules for them, instead of just using an updated IA book?
Meh, I guess we will see when the new codex arrives. I still have high hopes though