To All Da Players - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

Hello to all DA players that are kind enough to read (and maybe reply to) this post I have been thinking about starting up a new army and was looking at the different space marine armies that are available to play and i came across the Dark Angels. They originally cought my eye because I really like the paint scheme (dark green, the paint scheme for the termies, and everything) I also like the fact that the Vet sarges and leaders look like warrior monks in their robes.

I was just wondering if some of the DA veterans could tell me the reasons they started the DA, some of your tactics, and if some of you could also be nice enough to share some of their fluff with me....as in when were the founded, stuff about their primarch, blah blah blah.

so thanks in advance to anyone who helps me out on this

"I am the architect of fate!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Well i play DA and i got to say.... Plasma cannons in your tactical squads for 15 pts is CRAZY! :blink:

Seriously though...in addittion the the plasma cannon thing, their second company, "Ravenwing" is awsome and the deathwing is too... stuborn is by far the most usfull rule they have (Fearless to shooting) and they can use the spell weaken resolve wich rocks... So yea those are the reasons

HyperX
    I had this long signature made up, but I didnt like it...

A very violent persona Apotheosis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I started my pure Deathwing (note, pure Deathwing) because I like terminators alot, I like armies that are challenging to build, paint, and assemble, and I consider myself a 40k connissuer.

Plus, they are fun as hell to use, and we are the FIRST Legion ever, thus we are the most favored of the Emperor.

Also, the Dark Angels fluff is the coolest of all (my other favs are Blood Angels and Iron Hands).

So, that is why. Good luck on your DA army.
    "And whoever wants to be a creator in good and evil, must first be an annihilator and break values. Thus the highest evil belongs to the greatest goodness: but this is--being creative."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I basicly like everything about DA and I always have. for more info on tactics and fluff i would ask in the tactics and fluff sections, respectivly.

Ive been playing DA for 4 years now so feel free to pm me with any more questions. May luck and the Emperor's light shine upon you and your new army.
    A fool and his shoe are soon parted.

In your mind - well you cant prove im not.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I started with dark angels, they were my first proper army and although i only had around 750 points i enjoyed playing with them, if you like them go for it they are a great army to play and paint.
    The poster formaly known as VampireSoul, formaly known as OrkSlugga now known as Orkslugga.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just started my DA army, painted some models and can't wait to start playing with them. I started them because they were the most apealing to me, models-wise and fluff-wise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to start pure Ravenwing soon (all fast attack) because I love fast attack, I prefer the DA fluff over the abysmal White Scars stuff (just my opinion), I like black, and the DA are a really cool army to play. If you want fluff, look no further than the first Index Astartes, you can't do much better.
    Golden Fists:
    W/L/D
    0/3/1

Ravenwing: list made, now just to buy all the stuff on it (why do bikes have to be so expensive?)

Senior Member Bobby_Wokkerfella's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Dark angels were my first army and i only lost 2 times over 10 months (I stopped DA when the new guard codex came out) and they are a great army to paint play and collect. just remember to keep track of your special rules though.
    here is some advice: take a plasma cannon in EVERY tac squad Use lascannon dev squads. never leave home with out at LEAST 1 ravenwing attack bike mine has personally destroyed 38 vehicles and 4 out of 5 times it has been on the first turn it will be even better with new rules too can you say 2+ inv. save!!

Closed Thread