blood angels... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: blood angels...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

blood angels...

So I had vanilla and switched to blood angels cuz I read about them and thought they were sweet. Just looking for a little help on what to field. I have dante and mephiston so far for hq and have won all my games so far mostly 2500 pt games so nething I should know about ba besides what's in there codex? And that the rock

A moment of weakness spawns a life tme of heresy...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

From what I know about the blood angels, they seem to be more close combat oriented. My advice is to get them as close to assault range as you can safely. This means transports like rhinos and maybe drop pods if they're able to. Maybe you should come up with an army list for us to analyze and advise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, if you have won all your games so far, there's not really that much to add as you seem to do everything right.

However, as you seem to play large games so far, it might be interesting for you to know that below 2'000 points, Lemartes is too good to resists (look at the points you pay and what you get in return). Mephisto is still a solid choice, but he got nerved in 5th Edition and the new power combo is now Dante and Corbulo. Attach Dante to a Veteran Assault Squad, have Corbulo ride in a Rhino nearby, and watch the following close combat unfold.

Mentioning Veteran Assault Squads: the unique Blood Angels troop types are also the best from our army list to be taken to a game, so you want to fill your Elite slots with Furioso Dreadnoughts and Veteran Assault Squads, for Heavy Support the Baal Predator is a great purchase (move 6" and fire all weapons with overcharged engines).

When it comes to basic troops, a good mix between Tactical Squads and Assault Squads does the trick. I have four Tactical Squads in Rhinos rushing up the center and two Assault Squads taking care of the flanks; they are also great for capturing objectives in a corner of the board.

Up to a level of 1'500 points I sometimes play pure "flying lists" with Assault Squads, Veteran Assault Squads, Death Company with Jump Packs (+Lemartes), and Land Speeders. However, if you do that, you have to come up with ideas on how to meet Horde armies - my Veteran Assault Squads have two flamers for Ork/critter control each. Beyond 1'500 points it's not a good idea to rely on Jump Packs exclusively as the other player puts just too many models onto the table for you to handle.
    "Fear not and look up to the sky for salvation, for we have entered orbit."
    Blood Angels 2nd Grail Guard Company

+ Reply to Thread