Space Wolf Characters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x1)

Space Wolf Characters

Greetings Fellow Gamers,

I am working on a space wolf inspired chapter, and was wondering if you could help me out with a few questions:

1) Who are the special characters in the Space Wolf Army? I know Logan Grimnar and Ragnar blackmane, but what other ones are there?

2) What would their positions be in a 'standard' chapter? Would Grimnar be the Chapter Master (I believe this is the case, right? He is the "Great Wolf", right)? Would Ragnar be a captain? Do they have any special characters that would be similar to a chaplain or librarian?

3) What wargear do they have? (I don't want points or stats, just what they have, and it's closest equivalent to 'standard' astartes gear)

I appreciate your help, and I hope to be able to post pictures soon.

Very Respectfully,
    --Forsaken

* "I'm Significant!" -screamed the dust speck
    * "Call me old fashioned, but an evil ascension to power just isn't the same without someone chanting faux Latin in the background."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

You can get more background info/fluff about space wolves on Space Wolves - Warhammer 40k

I find that they pack a lot of plasmas/power weapons/fists.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken2544 View Post
    Greetings Fellow Gamers,

I am working on a space wolf inspired chapter, and was wondering if you could help me out with a few questions:

1) Who are the special characters in the Space Wolf Army? I know Logan Grimnar and Ragnar blackmane, but what other ones are there?

2) What would their positions be in a 'standard' chapter? Would Grimnar be the Chapter Master (I believe this is the case, right? He is the "Great Wolf", right)? Would Ragnar be a captain? Do they have any special characters that would be similar to a chaplain or librarian?

3) What wargear do they have? (I don't want points or stats, just what they have, and it's closest equivalent to 'standard' astartes gear)

I appreciate your help, and I hope to be able to post pictures soon.

Very Respectfully,
    --Forsaken
    You're lucky, I have my space wolves codex here by the computer.

1)/2) Logan Grimnar is the great wolf which is their equivelent to a chapter master. They have 12 great companies (the 13th was lost) each of which is commanded by a wolf lord, their equivilent of a captain. Ragnar Blackmane is indeed a wolf lord. Ulrik the Slayer is their third special character and he is a wolp priest, there take on the role of apothecaries and chaplains, also he was a mentor to many powerful space wolves including the other space wolves special characters.

3) much of their equipment is normal marine stuff, but some extrs would be
    -belt of russ, each great company has 1 they were made after russ dissappeared. they were made to be like his, and encorperate a protective field
    -Chooser of the Slain, fluff wise similar to a familiar, watches out for enemy infiltrators rune preists only
    -Fang of morakai, extracts gene seed from falen wolves
    -Frost Blade, Special ancient weapon made by master iron priests (techmarines) used much like better versions of power weps
    -Healing Potions and Balms, A very effective way for wolf priests to save fallen marines using ancient tribal remodies and such
    -Mark of the Wolven, very similar to blood angesls read thirst and black rage fluffwise
    -Runic Charm, Very potent charm, actually seems to work, Go superstition!
    -Wolf Pelt, A pelt taken from a, you guessed it a wolf this shows their ability to counter attack at the right time to defeat an enemy.
    Wolf Tail Talismans, luck charm that supposedly protects the wearer from psycic powers
    Wolf Tooth Necklace: an award to a space wolf who is particularly good at hand to hand/tentacle/claw/whatever fighting
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there are also rules for the 13 company which can be found http://ca.games-workshop.com/Communi...3thcompany.pdf but normaly id think your opponet would have to agree to its use. but it looks fun as heck to use. there are no chars for this army but it has its own nifty stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x1)

That's some great info! Thanks guys!

I plan on converting my own "Counts As" versions of the special characters, and if things go right, I should have my Logan Grimnar equivalent finished soon.

I don't particularly like the Ragnar and Ulrik models, so I will be converting them up. myself.

Thanks for your help, and I look forward to anything else you may be able to offer.

Respectfully,
    --Forsaken
    * "I'm Significant!" -screamed the dust speck
    * "Call me old fashioned, but an evil ascension to power just isn't the same without someone chanting faux Latin in the background."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    194 (x7)

Yes, Logan Grimnar is the Space Wolf equivalent of a Chapter Master. Ragnar Blackmane is one of the twelve Wolf Lords who are (I suppose) the equivalent of Captains. I am also currently converting my own special character and I have looked at some of the fluff and background for famous Space Wolves. Here are some famous Space Wolf characters:

Ranulf - Wolf Guard who was supposedly the biggest Space Wolf to have ever lived, bigger even than Leman Russ himself
    Bjorn the Fell-Handed - I'm sure you know a lot about him already but you could use either the Dreadnought Bjorn or Bjorn as a Wolf Lord or even a Wolf Guard.
    Njal Stormcaller - The Space Wolves' greatest Rune Priest, rules can be found for him all over the net and by all means take inspiration from them but I suggest making them yourself anyway. You can buy the 2nd edition model for him but I hate the model and you'd be better off converting one.
    Wolf Lord Kyrl Grimblood - A famous Wolf Lord. I can't find much in the way of fluff for him, only something vague about him being a great hero during the Plague of Unbelief.
    Durfast of Mordrak - A Space Wolves warrior who helped defend the world of Mordrak against a force of invading Orks.

By the way, if you want to know, I've decided on using the limited edition Archaon on Foot model from Games Day 2004 and convert him to make Ranulf (I figured the size would fit).

Those were all the ones I could find. Hope that helps.

+ Reply to Thread