Dreadnought boxset and Ironclad Dread - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dreadnought boxset and Ironclad Dread

Couple of things.

a) What does the plastic Dreadnought boxset actually come with? I already own 2 plastic Dreadnoughts, but they are both from Assault on Black Reach so I have no options for them apart from Multi-Meltas. If I bought a proper plastic Dreadnought boxset aswell, could I use some arms from the boxset to equip my AoBR Dreads? Can you make Dreads with 2 CCWs? Does it have a CCW that has a Heavy Flamer underslung on it rather than just Storm-bolters? Basically as much info as I can get on this subject would be much appreciated.

b) How can I represent an Ironclad Dreadnought? There are no models for it as far as I am aware. Would a normal Dreadnought be fine, even though an Ironclad has higher armour values? What about the Seismic Hammer?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    120 (x2)

a) yes, you can use arms from normal dreads on the black reach dreads. My friend just got a black reach set, and we did some experimenting with my normal dreads. The arm pegs for normal dreadnoughts are larger than the arm pegs of black reach dreads. This means they might be a bit loose or wobbly, but the arms of the normal dread fit the black reach dread body. And once the glue dries, it's fine anyways. Or you can use green stuff. The black reach arms, however, will not fit on the larger pegs of the normal dread. The hole can't be widened very easily since, as you probably already know, the black reach dread arms are hollow. So the peg must be thinned. Although I can't imagine why anywone would put a multi melta from black reach on a normal dreadnought anyways. (i would imagine that if somebody wanted a multi melta armed dread, and had the black reach set and a normal set, they'd put the multi melta on the black reach dread)

In a normal dread set, the CCW arm is made of several parts unlike the black reach dread. The CCW can be underslung with either a storm bolter or flamer, which are separate pieces you attach to the rest of the arm.

The set only comes with one CCW and it's a left arm. Right CCW arms are only available through forge world.

b) I don't know of any official modeling for ironclad dreadnought, so i can't see how any opponent can enforce that. If you plan on fielding one ironclad, one not ironclad, just model them in a way that it's obvious, and let your opponents know before the game which one's ironclad, which one's not.
    Last edited by Takeda; February 16th, 2009 at 05:59.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x3)

I think that furioso dreadnoughts might make good ironclads. Those come with two power fist arms and I believe the same weapons. Not sure how I would convert that hammer he comes with but a chain fist would be easy.

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

The standard dread kit comes with a assault cannon / twin las option for the right arm, and missile launcher (bleugh!) and power weapon (with storm bolter and heavy flamer options)

I have a sneaking suspicion Ironclads will be released with planetstrike. (circa mid October)

If you scavenge some armour plating off a IG player (the flat sheets leftover from the chimera/hellhounds are really good) you can "enhance" a dreadnaught to look quite spiffy.
    (Or, sometimes i've seen quite bad ones, but an effort's better than none so i've never said so. I feel quite bad for once bursting out with "That looks f#ng awful" when may gaze unhappily fell across some old space hulk terminators that had been very badly converted. I do feel bad, but it was so wrong that i swear, the outburst was involuntary.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If your sneaky (Like I have been)and careful, you can use a razor saw to hack off the underslung Stormbolter from the AoBR Dread before putting the power fits together without damaging either part. Then sink magnets into the whole CCW arm, stormbolter, and a regular Dread Hvy Flamer and then you can swap out which ever one you want to use.

You can do the same sort of thing to all of the weapons from a Dread kit and either the body &/or the body of an AoBR dread so that you can customize every Dread you own without having to glue any weapon perminantly.

I've also done this with my scout marines.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

63 (x3)

I thought about using a magnet for the flamer/storm bolter, but sense I never use the storm bolter it hasn't been an issue for me, lol. Sometimes when I'm really looking for points tho I wish I would hahaha!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Magnets come in handy. All of my Chaos Termies are magneted for their weapons as well as my Termie Lord. Great for getting exactly what you want.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well here are my AoBR dreads ive modified to be ironclads. added some card and rivets. Made seismic hammers out of the MultiMelta arms.

I need to build 2 more.

Last edited by zedsdead; February 19th, 2009 at 18:53. Reason: none

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

64 (x2)

I can't get the pics to load. Can anyone else?
    Once a Marine, always a Marine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those are pretty sweet conversions!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast