Space marine scout squad or Assult squad - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Space marine scout squad or Assult squad

which one should I buy if I already have 5 full men tactical squads and only 3 bikes. SHould I go with another troop or a fast attack?? which ones stronger out of the two??

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by warmaster4 View Post
    which one should I buy if I already have 5 full men tactical squads and only 3 bikes. SHould I go with another troop or a fast attack?? which ones stronger out of the two??

depends on your style of play and the points you have spare etc. i don't even take any fast attack personally. and i play dark angels so scouts are still at marine level WS and BS. so maybe for you i'd say assault marines. but why not just spend the points on bulking up your bikes to a full 10 man unit. i'd say go one way or the other - a nice bike squadron, or a nice assault squad, but not average of both.
    take assault squad for deep striking if you use drop pods too so you have a nice deep striking army that way.

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by russyhead View Post
    depends on your style of play and the points you have spare etc. i don't even take any fast attack personally. and i play dark angels so scouts are still at marine level WS and BS. so maybe for you i'd say assault marines. but why not just spend the points on bulking up your bikes to a full 10 man unit. i'd say go one way or the other - a nice bike squadron, or a nice assault squad, but not average of both.
    take assault squad for deep striking if you use drop pods too so you have a nice deep striking army that way.
    Quite true, but my feel for the SM scouts is give them a fist and outflank with them - they can asault the turn they come on, unlike the assault marines, cost alot less and score (so turning up from reserve really late can be an advantage too)

I can't stand DA scouts. They're wrong. (I only added 5 to my full company with Deathwing and Ravenwing support - and other support - so I can say it's a full company in apocalypse games, and i wanted the Heavy bolter and webbing for IG conversions.)

+ Reply to Thread