Grey Knights Inclusion? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grey Knights Inclusion?

I'm thinking about getting into the SoB and I was just trying to clear something up.

Is there anyway I can add Terminators to an Adepta Soritas army?

Now I see in the army list and army with the GKs.
    Is this perfectally legal in tournaments?

"When Blood Speaks, Shadows Answer."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by SilentNinja View Post
    Is there anyway I can add Terminators to an Adepta Soritas army?

Now I see in the army list and army with the GKs.
    Is this perfectally legal in tournaments?

Yes, you can add GK Terminators to a Sisters of Battle force. It would fall under the Allies rules for Demonhunters and Witchhunters. Those rules should be around pg26 or so in the WH codex.

for a more in depth summary of allies and induction, see this link:
    Allies FAQ: by the DH community

Allies rules are legal in most tournaments I've seen. There are a few tourneys out there that only allow 1 codex. Not a lot though.
    check out Farmpunk's blog:
    the Back 40k

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you very much.
    "When Blood Speaks, Shadows Answer."

ZMB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

55 (x1)

To change things up at the 1750 point leval and up I will take GKT's as allies. If anything there is a phsycological factor with them. I don't think that sisters really need Terminator armour, but something close to it would be nice. I think the Celestians could get a little bit of a rework to be a bit more like terminators. maybe some sort of a Inv save....It may not be enough....Termie armour comes with the all the stuff you love. Relentless, deepstrike, 2+,4+...I would be happy if a unit in the witch hunter army could take half of that. Perhaps Celestians could all take cloaks or something.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x6)

Give Celestians artificer armor and power weapons. It fits fluff wise and would look even better. It would be a group of 4-9 horrors that always hit on a 3 and ignore armor with a 2+ (invul with faith) and would be faithful. Imagine it in a Cannoness' retinue. Ride them up in a tank, pop out and wath the frenzy. The downside? 3S is a little weak.

Anyway, more on topic, I'm including a squad of GKs and GKT in my footslogging army, and it looks pretty good. If need be you can switch the GKs to fast and port them in instead of flogging across the field, but I like to keep mine towards the back fireing 3 psycannons with my heavy bolter ret squad. The termies march ahead of my sisters while my seraphim play counter assault and my cannoness tank hunts or tarpits the big'uns until my meltas get there. Having them plays a big part in the psychological battle too. Everyone knows those termies are big and bad, but should they go after them or take out my exorcist in the back. What about "those ****ING jumpy things" (direct quote btw xD ) flying across the field or my HQ running off assaulting things 3x her size all by herself?

The problem is, they are expensive (point costs removed) and to make it worse, they don't provide faith.

*please do not post individual point costs. It's against forum rules and copyright infringement*

Thanks ~Rabbit
    Last edited by Rabbit; February 26th, 2009 at 19:26.

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Lol. I remember 1 game I played against ZMB. My GKT's toasted his Cannoness and her ridiculous 2+Inv save with 1 psycannon shot. Next turn, his battle sisters went up to my termies and toasted 7 of them with flamers and bolter shots. Thats about 150pts taking out 320pts just on shooting.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by jy2 View Post
    Lol. I remember 1 game I played against ZMB. My GKT's toasted his Cannoness and her ridiculous 2+Inv save with 1 psycannon shot. Next turn, his battle sisters went up to my termies and toasted 7 of them with flamers and bolter shots. Thats about 150pts taking out 320pts just on shooting.
    I assume they rolled a 1 for their save? (Spirit of the Martyr gives the unit an inv save, it doesn't convert their armour save into an inv save).

Guidance is vicious though - played smurfs a few days back, that's the last time that player will be drop-podding into a bunch of sisters (750 pts, and after a round of shooting and an eversor charge all he had left was a tac squad)

ikbuh - don't post unit costs please (the individual GK costs that is - group costs are fine)

ZMB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

55 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by A.T. View Post
    (Spirit of the Martyr gives the unit an inv save, it doesn't convert their armour save into an inv save).
    Spirit of the martyr makes said unit's armour saves invulnerable for that phase. I am not to sure where you are going with that and where you got your info.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x6)

Psycannons ignore Invulnerable Saves, but Spirit of the Martyr says "The unit gains an Invulnerable save equal to it's normal armor save for the remainder of the phase. This may not be combined with any other saves." You have a 2+ Normal AND a 2+ invulnerable save, but they can't be used together. So a S6 AP4 psycannon shouldn't have killed a Cannoness with ease unless the player rolled a one or chose to take an invulnerable save over an armor save for some reason, which would insta kill the T3 Cannoness (unless there was a mantle involved). I have both codex's in front of me and that's what I get out of it.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by ZMB View Post

Spirit of the martyr makes said unit's armour saves invulnerable for that phase. I am not to sure where you are going with that and where you got your info.
    As ikbuh said, the wording in the codex is that the character/unit gains an inv save - they always have the option of their regular save, but not both (and I guess strictly speaking it would rule out a feel no pain save on an upgraded veteran unit)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast