Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Ok. My board is a cityfight with black/grey ash waste and I need a marine chapter. I was thinking white scars. I've also got a few questions.
1. would the bikes be effective at clearing the streets whilst i use assault marines to clear the buildings?
2. to convert a command squad for korsarro(?) khan would i just use bikes and merge in a command squad box?
3. any tips for a ciyfight board without using gw buildings?
Thanks for any replies.
Vampire Counts Progress Log [W:2 D:1 L:1]
I don't know much about Cityfight, but choice of Marine chapter should depend on your personal playstyle and preference, not really so much on your board type. White Scars are typically a mobile force who relies on speed and hit-and-run tactics to win the day; they don't rely so much on infantry (though you can take anything you want, technically). Research the various chapters or consider making your own before picking any one for your army.
For your other questions...
1) I don't know Cityfight, so I can't really help too much on this.
2) You can do that, or just use any Marine parts. A Command Squad is just like a regular squad of Marines - a Marine is a Marine is a Marine, as I like to say. The Command Squad box can give you some nifty bits to use when modeling not just a Command Squad but also your Commanders, Sergeants, and other Tactical Marines or Bikers. Feel free to mix and match to come up with models that you like.
3) I'm not much of a scenery guy (at the moment), but foam and cardboard seem to usually be a couple common materials used.
If you're gonna be primarily playing cityfight missions, then from a fluff standpoint, Emporers Bananna's are a great choise. For functionality, ranvenguard lead by shrike can be deadly as hell.
as for making buildings, I used a mix of the GWS stuff and stuff I made out of pink isulation foam.
Yes, I did deep-strike your sister...
Necrons : W-8 D-3 L-7 (Sleeping in their TombFoam, waiting for a new codex)
Chaos Forces (CSM/CD): W-42 D-19 L-28
Apocalypse Games : W-4 D-0 L-1 (4 Titans, Brass Scorp, 3 Baneblades, 2 Bombers, 3 Fighters, and a Partrage in a Pear Tree)
I don't particularly see White Scars as city-fighting, but as Lost Nemesis said, a Marine Chapter should be able to do everything really. As for city terrain, look up picture of Chernobyl and the surrounding area. Just remember that buildings should be about 3" per story to keep them in scale.
For cityfight terrain, I love these guys: Miniature Scenery
And yes, they do ship to the States.
Also, if you embellish the pieces with some of the leftover accessories from the cityfght boxes from GW, and you will have a nice unified feel overall.
* "I'm Significant!" -screamed the dust speck
* "Call me old fashioned, but an evil ascension to power just isn't the same without someone chanting faux Latin in the background."