Q concerning Machine Spirit - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x2)

Q concerning Machine Spirit

Hello Friends,

As far as I can tell, the Machine Spirit (newly included in our FAQ) allows for a vehicle to always 1 more weapon than it is allowed to normally.

Can anyone convince me that my Land Raider, which moves 12", fires it's Smoke Launchers, and then fires a single Lascannon at an enemy tank, is making an illegal maneauver?

Thanks!
    2H

2H - LEGIO HYDRA

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

Not me. Seems legit.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

It's not illegal, but it does have a "dodgy" feel to it. Perhaps this is just old habits that die hard, however, as the rules verbiage is relatively clear and unambiguous. FWIW, the FAQ that GW is currently using in the UK GTs explicitly allows exactly this maneuver to occur. But you do have to have the "new" PotMS rules to do so! So only us GKs and codex Marines get the benefit.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by number6 View Post
    So only us GKs and codex Marines get the benefit.
    I love being special.

This also means you could move a Land Raider Crusader 12", pop smoke, and fire the Multi-Melta to get double penetration on any enemy vehicle within 24" at the start of your turn.

Thanks, guys!
    2H
    2H - LEGIO HYDRA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x6)

I suppose it depends how you read it; both the BBB and the entry in our codex say, pretty explicitly, that you can't fire any other weapon when using smoke launchers. It doesn't say "may not fire any other weapon even if allowed to by a special rule" though, and thus you can assume PotMS allows it to happen. It's not something I'd do because the arguments it'd create probably wouldn't be worth the hassle, but if you really need the lascannon shot it wouldn't be illegal; just make sure and have a print-out to point to when your opponent complains >_<

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, shaken and stunned don't have a clause that allow special abilities to override them either, and I don't think anyone would argue that a shaken potms can't fire.

+ Reply to Thread