Need help upsizing army! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x6)

Need help upsizing army!

Hey, I run footsloggers with some GK back up and the list I use is here. It's 1501 points and seems to be fine, but I'm starting to think about what I should do when I upgrade to 1850+ I don't know if I should add more seraphim, another unit of BS, another cannoness, another exorcist ect. Right now with what I have in my box, I can add another unit of 5 seraphim and a cannoness with a retinue of 5 (Though I don't have a tank, the new retinue rules might let a marching cannoness do well), but I'm heading out to GW soon (it's in philly, I'm near reading x.x) so I could get more units. What would you guys suggest? Also, if you think my current list could use work, let me know

Thanks

Last edited by ikbuh; February 25th, 2009 at 13:40.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

ZMB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x1)

I would really have to what and how much of what you have at this time.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

115 (x6)

THIS (<-- link =P) Is what I have. My extras Include 5 Seraphim (3 BP, 1 Flamer, 1 VSS w/evicerator), a cannoness, 6 Battle Sisters (3 bolters, 2 flamers, a melta and a storm bolter), and a St Celestine body. I also have a good deal of various PAGK and GKT as well as a vindicare assassin (No Inquisitor though).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

59 (x2)

some ideas off the top of my head:

get something to make a DH Inq. Shooty retinue, Plas cannon servitor, 2-3 Hbolter sevitors, a couple 'Sage' models (anything with scrolls or books works), and a couple Mystic models
    He'll add to your long range firebase.

Then you could use your Asassin, maybe pick up the callidus as well.

I'd also get another exorcist. Exorcists are much better run in pairs.

if you've got the coin, a Land raider for your GKT's isn't a bad idea either.
    check out Farmpunk's blog:
    the Back 40k

ZMB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

55 (x1)

For a foot slogging list I think you want more infantry. Hell in my 1500 mech list I run 40+ Sobs. Like farmpunk said...another exorcist can not be a bad thing. More Serephim are good. I own like 17. Since you are not running flamers, you may want to consider getting some multi meltas.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

115 (x6)

The thing with the Inq is that I'm trying to keep a "pure" force, only GK and SOB for fluff reasons, which is also the reason I only have so many Sisters. GK ain't cheap (in any aspect xD), but they get the job done. Though that shooty Inq is tempting, it doesn't help my faith pool, which is still what I need.

I've been curious as to how a footslogging canoness with a retinue would do with the new rules. If I put a Canoness with a SB/PW/Cloak with a retinue of 5 Celestians with 2 SB and a VSS with a storm Bolter/book/PW, I imagine they would do well keeping in the 12-24" range while moving away/around enemies (like mini GKs =P), and I don't think they'd do to bad in Melee either. On top of 3 more Faith, I could afford another exorcist as well (1849 pts if I add the above).

If I also did the above, I could add in a unit of 5 Seras with a PW instead of an Evis and add another celestian to my retinue or something putting me at 1997 pts and 10 faith.

Multi-meltas would be nice but I don't know where to put them points wise. If I wind up having to fight nids or another swarm army on the other hand, I would probably replace the metlas/psycannons with flamers/incinerators and the heavy bolters with multi meltas.

+ Reply to Thread