new codex box set info info ?????? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

new codex box set info info ??????

i was talking to gw staff about the new codex they said there are going to be tank options in troop platoons and a full platoon with tanks will only count as 1 kill point ?

all so to buy up as many troop boxs as i need as they are going to change and will cost more the models will be the same they are changing them to 10 gaurds a box for £12

what have you guys herd?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

New sentinels, they will (well, might) come with plasma cannons and you can use them as platoon support (?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The new Sentinel kit will have a Plasma Gun upgrade, I believe they are called “heavy sentinels”?

£12 for 10 men? That include all the HW options, vox caster and sergeant parts, I wonder, maybe a re-sculpt…… Good job I already have buckets loads of Cadians or else I would be sweating a bit about the money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

Plasma Cannon & Missile Launcher.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

The 10 man boxes contain 2 sets of assault weapons (meltagun, plasmagun, grenade and flamer) but NO heavy weapons. Its way more expensive. They are a good box for veterans or for filling out special weapons but nothing more.
    W/D/L Ork Tide 22/1/14

Click here to feed me some squigs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And that is why I recently bought another three boxes of 20 cadians apice. I'm not going to risk this new box of theirs when I try an all infantry army in the new dex .

Though I still dont think I have enough, 3X20 = 60 + 200 ish, it's still below 300.. that magic number

I recently stopped by the GW store, and they told me may 2nd was the release date they had been given for the new codex (at least here in Norway), and that would bring the new boxes, but they only told me that they would contain 10 men, not 20. Nothing on the weapon load out.

And can you belive they tried pushing the new stompa on me?! I play many things, but orks and marines is not one of them

The stompa did look fantastic though! It really really big (for a plastic kit)

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

As an ork player I think the stompa is terrible. Every apoc ork player will get one instead of making a unique one. Thats not what playing orks is about. Playing orks is about looted carnifexes and custom battlewagons. At least the battlewagon had heaps of spare bits for options (its too small in my opinion, and the trukk is too big...).

I personally bought 2 boxes of guard, with plans for a couple more, but still want to keep the numbers down till i have an idea what the codex holds in store, may not need 300! We will see I guess.
    W/D/L Ork Tide 22/1/14

Click here to feed me some squigs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the rumor is 4pt/guard.

a 2000 pts game = 500 guardsmen (no upgrades just basic guard)

And if we take a 1500 pt game, that = 375 guardsmen..

The 75 guards = 300 pts, that I cut off (for use in command squads and such).

So an all infantry IG army (with no upgrades that is) would need around 300+- men . However, there will be a little less, due to heavy weapons and such. And who am I to resist trying to get all 6 lemans and all 6 bassies in a legal list ?

I can agree that the spirit of the orks is about making it yourself, but if nothing else the kit gives you a good place to start, and it also gives you a footprint. The same with the battlewagon, it a little small'ish, but now you wont see 2 baneblades glued together and called a battlewagon. Build it yourself, if you have the skill (or lack off, since it is orks ) and I will not be complaining but complimenting you, however, as I said, its nice to have a standard size "blueprint" for things.

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NovaJohn View Post
    The 10 man boxes contain 2 sets of assault weapons (meltagun, plasmagun, grenade and flamer) but NO heavy weapons. Its way more expensive. They are a good box for veterans or for filling out special weapons but nothing more.
    thats what i was told but at £12 a box isa bit on the heavy side cost wise

but i dont put plasma or melta in basic units only comand, vets and storms

i belive they are changing/removing the cadian battleforce

local store was told that they will not be able to order any more after next month

+ Reply to Thread