Blood Ravens? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blood Ravens?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what's up with the new chapter, the Blood Ravens? I guess White Dwarf didn't have much timeto write the story because the fluff says that no one knows their origins. Convienant for them. A SM chapter that is heavy in Librarians (and not like the evil Thousnad Sons, who go picked on because they were the same as these guys&#33 but there is no rules for them!!

Now, the new WD had a screen shot of the Dawn of War, and a Blood Raven SM was taking on a Bloodthrirster.

So, my question to y'all is: is anyone going to ignore the petty marketing attempt, and convert this army?? Maybe there might be an advantage to this army in the future when you can pick SM doctrines.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think its mainly to give some background info on a new featured chapter. i dont mind them not giving new rules, its more about the history of a new army.

and about their unknown origins-not a lame excuse for a rushed attempt-IMO. after all, there are two unknown original chapters. maybe they're from one of them? maybe they ARE one of them? who knows? that is one of the greatest parts of fluff GW works into things-mystery and intigue. after all-what fun would it be if there wa no mystery-if everything was known?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my guess is it might be an offshoot of blood angels or just vannilla space marine chapter like the "emperor's pointy sticks".
    If you charge a bunker and die, its called being reckless, but if you charge the bunker and win, it's heroic!

Senior Member Ultramarines r cool's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think people wanted a new fresh chapter because they were tired of the mainstream ones.

Supporter in the Eternal War Against.......Nothing!

Ratlings>C'Tan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the two "lost chapters" were not lost to the warp, but to bad copyrights. I heard one of them was the rainbow warriors or something tragic like that.

I think that there are enough chapters going around to play something unique without going vanilla. Like all of the chapters that were "mutated", like the legion of the damned, or the fire hawks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

one chapter lost was indeed, the rainbow warriors, a space-travelling group of gay warriors (well they had to be with that name!!!&#33.
    The other one was something like the Imperial stars or roses or something camp.
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people are awesome and can kick your ass.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

RAMROD ONE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Oh grief, let us put this one to bed, I have been playing since BEFORE RT first came out, I still have all the original rule books, there was a chapter called rainbow warriors and there is a chapter called fire hawks, neither have ever been one fo the missing 2 from the original 20, indeed fire hawks are explicitly not, GW have said so.

The 2 missing chapters are left dilibertly vague without specific plans

Dessi'us - I resent your description of the emperors pointy sticks as nilla, anyone who reads TSOALR know they are far from it

Denny, thousand sons were picked not, as you put it because they were librarian heavy, it may have come into it but i suspect the fact they had joined Horus's Rebelian and were trying to crush the Imperium and wipe out mankind as it is known in the 41st millenium probably crossed the mind of those responsible for its excommunication
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol i didn't mean to offend you i like TSOALR and check up on it daily.

my point was that because you can make up your own chapter the blood ravens could just be another nilla SM army. And i don't think they wanted to spoil the GW Ultra-marines nilla image (and yes i know about the unltra marines nid hunters)
    If you charge a bunker and die, its called being reckless, but if you charge the bunker and win, it's heroic!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Cheredanine@Aug 2 2004, 09:48
    Denny, thousand sons were picked not, as you put it because they were librarian heavy, it may have come into it but i suspect the fact they had joined Horus's Rebelian and were trying to crush the Imperium and wipe out mankind as it is known in the 41st millenium probably crossed the mind of those responsible for its excommunication
    [snapback]190763[/snapback]
    Umm...Actually according to the IA the thousand sons tried to warn the Emperor of Horus' betrayal using techniques the Emperor had previously banded Magnus from practicing. This is why they were attacked by the Space Wolves, and in a desperate attempt to escape Magnus opened a warp portal and sucked his Legion into the Eye of Terror.
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm for the night, if you set a man on fire he'll be wram for the rest of his life."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but Magnus had already been turned into a demon prince, and got DDTed my Russ.

As for the more veteren players out there, I couldn't care about the rainbow warriors, or bumpy shoulder pads. I was trying to explain how this "new" chapter couldn't be one of the two lost chapters.

And then I would like to reinterate how GW has provided numerous non-vanilla space marine chapters for us to play. Now, some of them may not have a cool boxed sets like the more popular ones, but the Minotaurs and the Black Dragons give a player a unique SM army, along with many conversion possibilities! I would have gone this route, if I didn't like space wolves so much!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast