Demolisher Cannon Convert - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x3)

Demolisher Cannon Convert

I am trying to convert my rhinos into vindicators and want to use the demolisher cannon turret from the Leman Russ and either immobilize the turret or set it up so that it only turrets 45 degrees. But I wanted to know a few things.

1)If you buy the Demolisher variant of the Russ can you make a full russ, and use the extra bit to make a demolisher turret?

2)Do you think it would look alright on a rhino? (it has to look better than a normal vindicator doesn't it?)

3)Would it fit on the razorback turret hole or would it take some sizing?

Anything else you know that would help would be apreciated. thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Sorry but the leman russ battle tank and demolisher have different kits. So the russ doesn't have the battle cannon and demolisher cannons in the box.

I don't thik that the russ turret would fit well on the rhino and as a player of both marines and guard I have some experience with both tanks.
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by nichodemus10 View Post
    1)If you buy the Demolisher variant of the Russ can you make a full russ, and use the extra bit to make a demolisher turret?

2)Do you think it would look alright on a rhino? (it has to look better than a normal vindicator doesn't it?)

3)Would it fit on the razorback turret hole or would it take some sizing?

Anything else you know that would help would be apreciated. thanks.
    The demolisher has full parts for a Standard russ and a demolisher. The demolisher parts are extra metal
    Yes, purchasing a demolisher for a standard russ and parts would work. (but not a "full" turrett - the plastic "box" frame of the turret is not there.

2) Depends how good a job you do. I don't see it personally, but i have a very defined taste.

3) Sizing will be required.

Ideas for you:
    1) The super heavy kits all have a demolisher cannon on the sprue. The varients do not use the demolisher cannon always. Find people with bits (or ebay) and get them that way.
    2) Forgeworld do lovely turrets for Leman russes. If you want the demolisher turret on a razorback /rhino cupola, but don't want to pay for a turret less leman russ, get a F/W turret. Heck, don't just look at standard russes and demolishers, get something special (avoid a conqueror though. they're poor under 5th ed rules.)

+ Reply to Thread