Mephiston vs Tigurius - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who would win a fight between Mephiston, Lord of Death and Varro Tigurius

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mephiston wins on both fluff and in a real game

23 57.50%
  • Mephiston wins fluff but Tigurius wins in a real game

5 12.50%
  • Tigurius wins fluff but Mephiston wins in a real game

4 10.00%
  • Tigurius wins on both fluff and in a real game

3 7.50%
  • Other combination of which I did not think.

4 10.00%
  • Extra possibility FAIL

1 2.50%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mephiston vs Tigurius

So here is the question. If these two powerful psykers were to end up on opposite sides of a battlefield. Who would win? Please post who would win in an actual game and in fluff, and why.

I'll start it off with Mephiston cleaning up in a real game not sure on fluff. He has better stats, and his psychic powers make him more of a threat.

Ave Dominus Nox!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quite easy choice for me, being an old BA player as well.

Mephisto is not only better in battle, but all his powers are offensive and he can use all of them every turn.
    True that Tigurius has Quickening and might be able to strike first, but as he has lower WS lower S and lower T.. he's gonna have a hard time even hitting Mephisto and if he does strike first, it's with less attacks unless he sucessfully stops Mephistos Tranfixing Glare. But.. lets say they just keep cancling each others powers.. then Mephisto still have all the upper hand.

And I think Mephistos fluff is far great as most Blood Angels are, Ultramarines fluff has never been that great in my eyes. Just the idea of a BA librarian feeling the pain of thier beloved matriarc and almost falling for the red thirst, ripping his mind into the void but managing to fight it off. The void opening up his mind to his full potential and becoming the most powerful librarian of all Space Marines.

"…but he did not succumb to the Red Thirst. A vision of beloved Sanguinius came to him and told him that he must resist, not just for himself but for us all, for then he would show us that the Red Thirst could be conquered."

Fear the might of the Blood Angels, chaos spawns!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Matriarch wtf

I appreciate your response, but Sanguinius is in no way female so he would be the patriarch. Sorry to be nit-picky.
    Ave Dominus Nox!

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Tigurius because:

1) Vortex of Doom = Instant Death
    2) Smite = to weaken Mephiston
    3) Quickening = to finish him off in cc

Mephiston has better fluff IMO.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x3)

Going strictly on CC its falls down to whoever charges first. If Tigirius gets the charge he's has powers to boost str and initiative and still either use the force weapon or use a shooting power before he charges.

If Tigarius and Mephiston had a whole battlefield to themselves tho, he would most likely win as he has more mobility. The max range of Tigerius shooting powers is 12" so he'll be lucky to even get one of them off.

And then there is their ability to simply stop each other from using psychic powers with their psychic hoods. So if Mephiston has a vortex of doom comming at him, he better hope the test fails, his psycic hood stops it, or Tigerius rolls really bad scatter (or rolls a 1 to wound) otherwise he is dead.

And just in case you're afraid Tigerius will fail to kill with vortex of doom, you can have him use Force dome during your movement faze (prior to your shooting faze) to give him an invulerable save, something mephiston can't have.

Now on a real 40k battlefield Tigerius and Mephiston would never face each other alone. Mephiston would be in a squad so other models would take wounds from shooting instead of him, and Tigerius probably wouldn't be getting anywhere near CC with mephiston without appropriate support.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brother Mephiston's only weak spot is the lack of an invulnerability save, but he would win against Tigurius. The relationship between Mephiston and Tigurius is like the one of a master to his apprentice.
    "Fear not and look up to the sky for salvation, for we have entered orbit."
    Blood Angels 2nd Grail Guard Company

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jy2 View Post
    Tigurius because:

1) Vortex of Doom = Instant Death
    2) Smite = to weaken Mephiston
    3) Quickening = to finish him off in cc

Mephiston has better fluff IMO.
    Considering both of them have psychic hoods, I wouldn't really say that any of them could use thier powers. (Even though they would just cancle 50% of each powers, theoretically.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a huge BA fan so I'm biased lol but I still think mephiston all the way. Better stats and he's an offense wrecking ball
    A moment of weakness spawns a life tme of heresy...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x3)

I think Tigurius has the edge on the battle field, purely because his wide selections of powers.

Gate of infinity into assault range, Throw a smite, and charge in with Quickening.

It really would boil down to how well their psychic hoods worked.

But Mephiston has cooler fluff.
    The new blood angels "codex" (I use the term loosely.) makes me sad.

-isitused
    I put the Laughter back into Slaughter.
    Sons of Prometheus <click>
    Children of Murder <clic>

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

Tigurius's fluff is one that I always wish GW expanded apon a bit more. If your talking about a pure fluff fight, I'd say he'd beat Mephiston. The guys tapped into the Hive Mind and survived unscathed, which has pretty much lead to him being labelled the most powerful Libarian, if not the most powerful psyker all together, in the Imperium. Granted, Mephiston is no slouch but if it really came down to a fight of raw psychic power, I'd put my money on Tigurious.
    Nights Justice Space Marines
    Eldar Eth Kariel Craftworld
    Spear of Kurnous - High Elf Expeditionary Army

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast