Starting Space Wolves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, I was just wondering what the space wolves are good at. Are there guys cheaper or better at stuff? What is it?

When goblins blow themselves up its stupidity. But when humans blow themselves up its bravery....odd isn't it

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldnt mind a quick overview myself. I started playing 40k about 2 months ago, and I play Guard, but I've been looking into also starting a small Marine force.
    I am the Aquila-Guerilla!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

they are an assault oriented SM army, have quite some difference from the codex astartes

their HQ are good at cc, also one of the nicest is the ability of taking a Venerable Dred as an HQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are a great cc chapter, pretty much all of their troops can be equipped with a boltgun/cc or bolt pist/cc etc.

The long fangs(hvy weps) are great cause the pack leader if he doesnt fire can direct the weapons at different targets.

Vend Dread as a Hq is a great advantage.

Fluff is great

Wolf Guard rocks, and you can place a wolf guard leader in charge of your packs.

their lords and spec charaacters rock

have the 13th co

can have a leman russ tank in support

basically they kick arse all around.

One bad thing is the termies cant teleport(wolves dont believe in it) but you can drop the entire army in using a drop pod assault.

I used my wolves in a 3 way 1000pt game of last man standing.
    Gk v tryranids v Wolves and the sons of russ were victorious

LH19

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah Guardinknom, I too am playing guard at the moment. But ever since I started playing in the early 90's the wolves have always striked intrest in me. But thanks all for the other info too.

One more thing, if I were to spend 150-170$ at gamesworkshop on mini's what should I buy with wolves?
    When goblins blow themselves up its stupidity. But when humans blow themselves up its bravery....odd isn't it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there is a space wolf battle force for around $90. it has 10 blood claws, 10 grey hunters 3 bikes, and a rhino, thats a good start, then pick up a long fang squad and a dread and you have a solid force for about the price you want to spend, maybee even add a squad of termies.

lh19

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The battleforce costs 50£ on UK mailorder, and the value you get is 63£, so it's a pretty good deal. You get three bikes though, which I don't like since I've never liked the models, but they will probably get better in 4th edition and you might like them more than me.
    I'd get another box of Grey Hunters and bitz to convert a character in addition to the box. Maybe another rhino too.

The only thing you need then is som heavy support, and there's lots to choose from. You could have smaller squads inside lascannon Razorbacks, Predator Annihilators, Vindicators (who are a bit better now with TVR), Long Fangs, regular or Venerable Dreadnoughts etc etc.
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
    The other 2% are smart enough to question the 'science' behind that number...
    And it's spelled EMPEROR!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

or if you have the money to spare, a Land Raider Crusader with a full 15 man Blood claw squad

the moment the crusader reaches the enemy lines, pop open the hatch and charge them into it, dealing with a massive 60 attacks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

venerable dread , grey hunter squad 2 blood claw squads with rhinos would be a good start (give the blood claws power fists it works great)

Closed Thread