I Need Help With Da Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

iam new to warhammer 40k (well i know most of the rules and stuff) but i need help with my dark angels army. i already have 1 squad of 10 men with plasma gun and plasma cannon, and a seargent with chain sword and pistol, and another squad of 10 men with 1 meltagun and another guy with a plasma cannon, with sergeant with chain sword with plasma pistol. also i have a heavy suppport squad of 4 heavy bolters and a seargent with chain sword and pistol.1 have a squad of 5 deathwing terminators , one sergeant,and 2 that have heavy flamers.And i also have a predator annihilator with heavy bolters on side and my hq is a master with terminator armor, storm bolter, and a power weapon.and i forgot i have a squad of 4 scouts with sniper rifles.

but my brother , who has ultramarines, still kills me when we have scrimages at our house.so i dont know wut to do to change my force.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try expanding your Devastator Squad, add more normal marines to make the squad tougher, and switch the Heavy Bolters with for example 1 Lascannon, 1 Missile Lancher and 2 Plasma Cannons (that config. works well for me vs SM/CSM)

If I were you I would also consider switching out the Terminators, in small battles you lock up a large amount of points in few models. Personally I would rather use the points on Rhinos for your Tactical Teams or another Devastator Squad.

One last... I would also switch you Master for a Chaplain, and let him join one of your Tactical Squads, in small battles the Chaplain is very point efficient. If you stick the Chaplain in a Tactical Squad, make the Sergeant a Veteran and give him a Power Weapon. Equip the rest of the Squad only with a assault weapon (flamer or meltagun) With this setup you'll have a squad well versed for close combat, you might also want to give them a Rhino
    Master Belial

'But for corruption thou hast made Belial, an angel of hostility. All his dominions are in darkness, and his purpose is to bring about wickedness and guilt. All the spirits that are associated with him are but angels of destruction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by MasterBelial@Jul 17 2003, 14:37
    One last... I would also switch you Master for a Chaplain
    I definatly agree with adding a Chaplin instead of your Master. As another similar option, Id give him a Jump Pack and add him to an assualt squad also with Jump Packs. I suggested this because you allready have a very stong Shooty backbone for your army, adding an assualt sqaud will lend some support to your scouts and Deathwing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaplain with jumppack and Assault Squad is a very good idea. I always used that setup myself so I couldn't agree more.
    Master Belial

'But for corruption thou hast made Belial, an angel of hostility. All his dominions are in darkness, and his purpose is to bring about wickedness and guilt. All the spirits that are associated with him are but angels of destruction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x6)

tons of scouts with shotguns, attack bikes with heavy bolters, a landraider crusader, make it a chaplain, and lotsa bolters remember the 2 minute old adage "Big or Small, To Bolters it will fall."
    Veni Vidi Variant
    I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.

The spikey ones go faster.

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.

Saga of the Ages. Click it.

Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thxz guys for helping me but i forgot to add something i dont have that many freinds that play warhammer 40k so im plaining to go play at games workshop but the problem is that they allow only 1000 points but ill exchange my master for chaplaine thxz alot.And also i did is that i made my sergeants veteran sergeants and made them have stubborn. is that a good idea?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is 1005 points

10 marines with 1 plasma cannon and 1 meltagun + veteran sergeant with stubborn ------------195 points

10 marines with 1 plasma cannon and 1 plasma gun = veteran sergeant with stubborn ------------- 191 points

5 deathwing terminators -----------------235 points

1 predator annihilator with heavy bolters-----------130

5 marines with 4 heavy bolters and + 1 veteran sergeant with stubborn-------------------------------155 points

1 hq (master) with storm bolter +power weapon+terminator armor---------------------------------------------95

195+195+235+130+155+95=1005

well im close enough but i think it still sucks. i took out the scouts, and relaced with stubborn veterans.well yall read this and see if this force is still good but i think it can still be modified.but i think it is a good idea to change those terminators. well just tell me and i go buy wut i need(if i have enough money).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, stubborn is very usefull, especially if you want your opponent to be tied up in a few extra rounds of HtH while you sneak those plasma guns around to somewhere it will hurt him. But at the same time your scout snipers can stop an advance with their pinning rule and genrally screw around with the flow of your opponents plan. This is a tough choice, I would go the scouts, but thats just my style.

As for your Terminators, well really your paying the 52 points for the +2 save, 2 attacks and deep strike. Your going to have to consider this one carefully, personally I would keep them. There is just so much they are capable of, but I would change one of those heavy flamers for an assault cannon.

I noticed in your 1st post you mentioned you play your brother, well I have a suggestion that may help you whoop his ass . If you make changes to your army list, make sure he is completly unaware of them. Then when he least expects its (ie: Deployment ) pull out that new squad of whoop ass whatevers, unless he pretty level headed and plans his army list well, he will have some trouble compensating for this suprise you just pulled on him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Tofudebeast@Jul 18 2003, 00:16
    Id give him a Jump Pack and add him to an assualt squad also with Jump Packs.
    I've been out of the loop for a while so i have to ask. Can DA have assult squads? I can't seem to find my codex, but IIRC i never saw a reference to assult squads in it (not even as a "see codex marines" entry). I like to split hairs so don't mind me, but can DA technically have assult squads according to the codex?

thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah they can have Assault squads, they count as a fast attack choice.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast