Last Chancers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Last Chancers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking of throwing together a Last Chancers unit as my HQ. I run a drop troop army, lots of heavy weapons. I know the old 'drop in and drop a demo charge' trick, but other than that, does anyone have any juicy tactics that have worked for them, or just general experience using Last Chancers?

Anything I should be aware of, should I choose to deploy them?

Their BS 4 is pretty attractive at this point, especially if given heavy weapons.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they seem expensive to me, plus if you take 8 or 16 guys it takes up a troop choice. one question though, if you do take colonel chaeffer do you have to take kell?

one thing i was thinking of doing was seperating them into their little squads and equiping a guy with a demo charge.

never used em though but its worth a try, adds flavor and can scare the crap out of the enemy when you burst out of the jungle while hurling a demo charge at their heads!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure what you mean by Kell...

Do you mean Kage? In which case, yes, I believe you do have to take him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

Remember also that since they can come in squads of one, then ONE guy can hold or contest a table quarter. I've used my full compliment of them, with nothing but lasguns to run straight into terrain in a quarter and hide.

It really sucks for somone when they've got to choose between directing a whole squads firepower or assault power on little guy rather than going after your 10 man squads.

It's a cheap tactic, but it works especially well against other cheap players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a good point. Doesn't seem like a big deal at first, but the whole sub-unit thing can really be an advantage at times.

Closed Thread