starting Imperial fists - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

starting Imperial fists

Hi everyone! I'm kind of new to 40k (not to fantasy) and with the assault on black reach I decided I wanted to do SM, and to be more specific: Imperial fists, because of 2 reasons: Capatain Lysander of course and the idea of a whole army of yellow guys beating the crap of my friends eldar army.
    But now I have 2 questions:
    Well, you guys can probably guess the first one: how to paint that kind of yellow? I was thinking of a white undercoat, followed by snakebite leather, followed by golden yellow.

second: well i have searched through the whole codex and the internet and the only piece of background was this sad little piece on the gw site. But who are the I.F.? What weapon do they prefer ( I mean the White scars have their bikes, the salamanders have multi meltas and flamers but what do the I.F. have?)

Advice please
    martijn

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

The foundation paints are your friend. Iyanden Darksun gives you a nice base to go over.

Fluffwise, the Imperial Fists are paragons of Space Marine ideals. They are stubborn and proud and (in)famous for their ability to construct and demolish defenses. So, lots of siegey stuff, stubborn, and the like represents the Imperial Fists well. Lysander+Termies in a LRC, Vindicators, mounted Tacticals, Drop Pods, and the like.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x1)

Siege-type warfare. Meaning that Thunderfire cannons should be making an appearance in your list, as well as plenty of nice big guns. Lysander's special rules imply that bolters are a staple weapon as well, so lots of Marines is a good thing.

-Dark

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Imperial Fists - Lexicanum
    That should hlp you fluff wise.

Now the imperial fists are more of a shooty army some good fluffy units for them are:
    HQ
    Lysander, Captains/Chapter Masters, Chaplains (they are very religous after all)

Elites
    Terminators, Thunder Hammer Assault Terminators, Dreadnoughts (all types)

Troops
    Tactical Marines (I like scouts because it's funny, ha my guys wearing bright yellow just outflanked you)

Transports
    Drop Pods (the others are fluffy too just not as much)

Fast Attack
    Assault Marines, Land Speeders (most fluffy, the imperial fists aren't a very fast attack chapter, bikes would be the least fluffy choice IMO)

Heavy Support
    Devastators, Vindicators, Whirlwinds, Thunderfire Cannons, Predators, Land Raiders (all types...

Painting
    I generally use two coats of Iyadin Darksun then as many coats of golden yellow as it takes to get a good solid yellow. I spray them black though as it seems the only spray paint I can find is black. As you can probobly guess I hate painting vehicles.
    Just some idea's for you from another Imperial Fist player.
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Back in 4th ed. you'd do the lysander drop army and be good. But now a days its about new marines in general. To kind of get a feel for their fluff Lexicanium is good but also 3/4 through Flight of the eisenstein Rogal Dorn shows up in the Phalanx.

10 terminators and lysander is always fun combo, they get to re-roll to hit with all their storm bolters.

Vindicator is fitting

Sternguard-great buys in the new codex (not necessarily fluffy though)

Drop pod-melta, and ML tac squads PF sgt is a must with the Imp Fists

I havn't played the Imp fists for years, but If I was to play them thats what I do. To be honest I'd theme them after the ones that show up in "flight". Like my "Fulgrim" Iron Hands army.

Monkey of Mystery The Paint Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

Have a look in the 'projects' sub-forum. There have been some Imperial Fists and Lamenters recently that have been sensationally painted- and to a time limit too!
    No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, thats a lot of help! Thanks you guys. So the I.F. are a siege army? Hmm thats cool. I mean i like vindicators and land raiders.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Yeah the seige specialty was something that frew me to them, the other thing was their rivalry with the Iron Warriors. They are even my second favorite legion.
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This isn't really related to Imperial Fists, but more so on how to paint them. My lizardmen are yellow with black scales, and I found it easier to do a white basecoat and just go over with the yellow. The Iyanden Darksun makes the yellow a bit too dark and I had to put even more coats of golden yellow or bad moon yellow over to cover up the darkness of the foundation paint. Try it with just white, and aocuple coats of the yellow. it did seem more even for me at least.
    Why.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

452 (x8)

y i'd paint my fists with white spary paint as a base, but I've looked around everywhere where I live and the only white spray paint I can find is 15$ per thing compared to the 2.99 spray paint i normally use, and as im painting over it anyway I don't really eed great quality spray paint.

But if you can find (and afford) white spray I recomend that you try to get it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast