What Should Be in a Competitive List? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What Should Be in a Competitive List?

There might be a tournament that I plan on going to soon, so its time to start brainstorming on what should be in my army. Not sure whats the size of the games though (probably somewhere between 1500 and 2000).

What do competitive space marine armies look like in 5th? Multiple drop pod Sternguard with Pedro? Or TH + SS Terminators in Land Raiders?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Mech is your best bet. Anything in Rhinos/Razors, cheap Predators, Vindicators, Land Raiders, Dreads, Speeders. Use your speed to close with the enemy or keep away from scary stuff, all the while using your firepower to whittle them down. TH/SS Termies deliver a hammer blow as needed. You can also play defensively, using your cheap Rhinos to block LoS, create chokepoints for enemy movement, tank shock, and various other neat tricks.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Hehe this seems like a silly question. The simple answer to what is in a balanced list is ......... everything.

Unfortunetly you cant field everything so we must pick and choose. In order to assist you i shall tell you how I learned to make effective lists.

First get on a computer and a program like but not necessary Microsoft Excel
    make a four colum table. label the top row as follows:

Anti tank | Anti Infantry | Anti Heavy Infantry | Objective takers/holders.

Now make your list and when you pick units put them in their respective colums (Note. do not expect a unit to successfully fufill more than two roles) If you see you are missing something take what you have extra of off and put something in the empty or understrength colum. This is a very simple tool to help make balanced lits.

+ Reply to Thread