Vs Nidzilla - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vs Nidzilla

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vs Nidzilla

I might have a game Monday against a Tyranid nidzilla list, three carnies and a winged hive tyrant.

Other than die in a not very humourous way, any ideas how to take these critters down?

Cheers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    208 (x4)

Big big guns. I suggest Krak missiles or Lascannons. And plasma and melta when they get close. Oh, and autocannons.
    "Speed is life! You go slow, you die!"
    -Sgt. Unther, Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

Plasma guns on deep striking suicidal Veterans and Command Squads, Lascannons, Ratlings, Grey Knights, Grey Knight Terminators either with Thunder Hammers or without, Command Squads with Commissars with Fists + Metlas & Plasma Pistols (these last have only to finish off a wounded one - Officer won't get nay weapon, as he can get quickly eaten as Independent Character. Instead, you give your lads Assault AP 1 or 2 weapons, shoot an already wounded fex or Tyrant and charge in. Propobaly only a Commissar will survive that, but that's much better than having all your battle-line compromised by ramgaging monsters, if you are more classic tactician you may won't to shoot them after losing unit and monster's consolidation leaving it in fire zone).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My suggestion is to take hellhounds, lascannons if your opponnent use extended carapace (Sv 2+). Infiltrating vets with a heavy weapon is a good strategy since it forces the nids to scatter and that's really bad for them, especially if you gain another round of fire. Ratlings are always a good choice to take down carnies and Zoanthropes. And forget about autocannons, heavy bolters are good enough and they fire more shots.

Another tip would be to kill the Zoan: less hive mind range= jam-packed nids= lots of burning dead nids.
    Imperial Guard: 3000 pts
    Chaos Daemons: 1000 pts

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x3)

Heavy Bolter squad gets you 9 shots, wounds on a 5+
    Autocannon squad gets you 6 shots, wounds on a 3+

Autocannon averages 2 wounds, the heavy bolters one and a half, both before saves. The Autocannon also has more range, so you can sit them in a corner. Heavy Bolters are more useful for taking out the small and medium sized bugs that will be there, just not in the numbers of a normal swarm.

The ideal option, of course, is plasma, melta, lascannons, and ratlings. Also, kill the hive tyrant first. Under no circumstances can you allow him to reach your lines.
    "The sergeant major asked me what my job is. I told him it's to do what I am told. He gave me a medal. I like the Imperial Guard."
    "Innocentia Probat Nihil"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use allied GK terminators in my list, so I'd just charge those guys at a TMC that is weakened enough for my guys to kill it quickly before the TMC can strike back with my ST6 power weapons.

-GT
    On Warseer: Iracundus: "So you might end up with "renegade" Chapters, but more split due to ideology rather than because the big bogeyman of Chaos suddenly makes them all cackling mustache twirling villains."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Weapons: Spam sniper rifles, plasma guns, missile launchers and autocannons. In that order.

Fire discipline: Monsters are not like vehicles, they keep fighting at full strenght until they lose their last wound. But they are not unstopable juggernauts. Concentrated fire on one or two target/s until is/are dead.

High moral: The main weapon of nidzilla list is the awesome look. It give confidence to the user and make nervous the oponent. But fewer models means that every model he lose is a great lose of fighting power, stay cool headed and slowly grind down him, one by one.
    "The only valid test is combat; the only valid result is victory"
    Ardak Kumerian, Klingon Admiral.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

We are going to argue with each other. Why Snipers before plasmas? Why Missile Launchers instead Lascannons?

Ahh, and do not field tanks. They usually have problems with dealing enough wounds, apart from Exterminator and Anihilator.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

124 (x3)

Well, the advantage of missile launchers over lascannons would be that you can switch to frags for small stuff, and krak missiles will still wound easily, and deny their base armor save. Of course, if its nidzilla, he'll probably upgrade his MC's to prevent that, which is why a mix isn't a bad idea. Fire a few frags to clear out the little ones, then start hammering away with krak missiles, while your lascannons just shoot the MC's from the beginning.

Snipers have a greater range, but are otherwise worse than plasma, except for the fact you can get 10 of them for 110 points. (Soon to be less points with better survivability in the new codex, if the rumors are right)

Hellhounds I can see being useful in multiple ways - burning the screening units, possibly catching multiple mc's in the template, being a venom cannon magnet...
    "The sergeant major asked me what my job is. I told him it's to do what I am told. He gave me a medal. I like the Imperial Guard."
    "Innocentia Probat Nihil"

The Allmighty Chaos Boots Process's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

106 (x3)

Only 4 TMCs? thats hardly zilla more like balanced zilla is 6+ TMCs

plasma spam and powerfists is the solution. you need about 4 plasmaguns or 1 hidden pfist per TMC you need to kill. missile launchers and autocannons don't have sufficient AP to dela with upgraded MCs and a few of us nids players actually go with EC on our 2 heavies
    What is Aurora Prime?
    "behold, I am the flamer, the searing one, the combustion of all spontanious flash fires, I am process" BIG RED BUTTON!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast