Lib. Gate of infinity - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lib. Gate of infinity

So when it says using the deep strike rule, do i have to roll reserves to bring them back down?

Also it doesnt specify if combat stops this action. Am I to assume it doesnt? and i can use the power whenever I want?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x1)

The power is used during the Movement phase in lieu of his unit's actual movement. This is stated as part of it's ability.

You deep strike immediately, there's no reserve roll required here. (If you mishap and roll up "next turn" on the table, then they'd enter reserves until you rolled for them to come in.)

The question as to whether it can be used in combat is generally unanswerable. Other units that have the same ability (such as Necrons with a Veil of Darkness) generally say so in their ability profile. Further, as this is done in exchange of your normal movement phase movement (which you don't get in combat), it is unlikely that it is intended for you to be able to pull the Librarian and his unit out of combat.

That said, there's nothing explicitly stopping it either. There's arguments both ways on this - I would persoanlly lean towards no, but it's something best discussed with your opponent, any pertinent judges, and your gaming store prior to the match. Until such time that GW releases a meaningful FAQ on Marines, this is a question best solved by consensus or a house rule.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

Smann's got it pretty much spot on.

The rules for Gate dont cover whta happens when the libby is locked in combat. What I do is ask my opponent what he feels, and if after reading the rules he is unsure which way to take it, I offer a personal house rule where by we both roll-off and add the initiative value to the dice score for both units locked in combat. If my roll for the libby plus his initiative is higher then the opponents role plus his unit's initiative, the libby breaks combat, else he stays locked and doesn't get a chance to use the power.

I found this to be balanced and fair, as units with higher initiative (and thus, faster reflexes/etc) would be capable of breaking the Librarian's concerntration and stop him using his powers.

If that sounds too complex, simply roll off before the start of the game to see who's version of the rules should take effect =)

+ Reply to Thread