Assault-Orientated Command Squad - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Assault-Orientated Command Squad

I was thinking of putting together an assault-orientated Command Squad; basically the five men will be on bikes for T5 and the Apothecary would give them FNP. Combined with a Captain (not sure if I'm gonna use a generic captain or the special character), its a fairly decent assault unit that costs an ok-ish amount of points (depending on how you outfit it, it can go from about 300 to 500 points).

Now the question is, what do you all think is a good way to outfit the squad?
    - the White Scars Special Character or just a generic Captain?
    - If its a generic captain, what should I give him? (I'm thinking twin LC's though, personally)
    - Company Champion? Standard Bearer?
    - What weapons to take?

Many thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

- the White Scars Special Character or just a generic Captain?

The Scars SC is very nice, with some good wargear but costs over 200points with bike.

- If its a generic captain, what should I give him? (I'm thinking twin LC's though, personally)

For a budget Captain, take a bike, power wep and plas pistol. For something more exotic, Relic Blade, Artificer Armour and Storm Shield for S6 T5 2+3++. Now that guy can deal some serious damage while taking just as much. Add FnP there and you're laughing.

- Company Champion? Standard Bearer?

Yes and maybe. The Champ gets +1 WS, Power sword and Combat shield at the cost of a normal power sword, he really is a bargin. The Standard however doesn't give quite so many bonuses. Re-rolling moral checks is helpful but is the unit really going to take that many moral checks and what are the odds of them failing when using the Captain's Ld?

- What weapons to take?

As well as the Apothecary and Champ, a pair of melta-guns and another CC-oritentated model is very nice. That way these guys get to pop tanks while moving at crazy speeds, and ignoring lots of firepower being thrown at them, then able to strike hard when assaulting other units. Its really a winning combo, and many folk sware by that outfit =)

HTH

CR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

I wouldn't use Khan. Furious charge and H&R are nice, but your entire army loses combat tactics.

A normal Captain with 2 LCs works fine.

As for equipment, I like storm shields and dual LCs or Thunder Hammer. If you look at the entry, you can take 2 normal weapons and strap a storm shield on on top of it. Good times.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

+ Reply to Thread