Bike Heavy Chapter? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    572 (x8)

Bike Heavy Chapter?

Hello Everyone. I love using a bike heavy marine army but hated painting white scars so far. I just didn't get any satisfaction out of it. My question is; Are there any space marine chapters, excluding white scars and dark angels, that have a heavy use of bikes/land speeders??

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

The 8th company of pretty much every chapter of Marines is specialed to use Jump Packs, Speeders or Bikes. You could do a Bike mounted 8th company of Ultrasmurfs ((or any chapter.))

You could just make your own chapter up however....... Make some fluff, White scars Sucessors or what not. The choice as they say "Is yours"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

The entire 8th company of every codex chapter, along with all assault squads in the battle companies are traained to use jump packs, bikes or land speeders.

The enire 6th tactical reserve company is trained to use bikes or fight as tactical marines, and the 7th tactical reserve company is trained to use land speeders or fight as tactical marines.

Much of the 10th company is trained to use scout bikes and land speeder storms.

All you have to do is pick a chapter.
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Formerly BrotherAzriel Horus Lupercal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    138 (x6)

Im pretty sure the Red Templars are a force that uses a lot of bikes, hit up lexicanum and read through the chapters list, your bound to find something, or look for a Scars sucsessor chapter!

Or, Make your own!
    PROUD TO BE IN THE BRITISH ARMY.
    ~~ Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death~~

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

572 (x8)

Thanks so far guys. I'm concidering my own chapter. Would gold armour with blue trim look tacky? I was going for a red trim but spartans came to mind

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Failing that you could look for a white scars sucessor chapter. There are bound to be a few named ones out there and they will most likely be bike heavy.

The ones noted in Codex SM are, the Rampagers, the Storm Lords, the Marauders and the Destroyers.
    Last edited by unholyheretic; March 23rd, 2009 at 13:25.
    Warning this user is totally insane...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Kor'sarro Khan View Post
    Thanks so far guys. I'm concidering my own chapter. Would gold armour with blue trim look tacky? I was going for a red trim but spartans came to mind
    Gold done right looks very nice, however i always found that having only a few models in an army painted gold looks best, think Blood Angels

A whole gold army could be quite an eye-sore, though again, if dulled right or with the right detailing, it really could work.

Start with the HQ and go from there, as i think you'll get a better feeling for the whole army when you start with the top man

HTH and good luck

CR

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

I just remembered, every marine wil have had the training to ride a space marine bike. Because of the new way the chapter works the marines were in assault and devastator squads before they became tactical marines all have had the training to ride bikes while they were with their assault squads. Not all have retained this skill though.
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x3)

@kevin vanrooyen
    I think only the emperors children trained like that, every other codex chapter starts as a tactical marine, and if they show an aptitude for ranged or close combat they get moved into either a devastator or assault squad.
    I put the Laughter back into Slaughter.
    Sons of Prometheus <click>
    Children of Murder <clic>

Now w/ English voice-over LastDinosaur's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x1)

Only the Emperors Children..? Im pretty sure that I aswell read somewhere that marines when moving on from scouts go first devastators and then assault squads before finally advancing to the tactical squads.. And if they live long enough the veteran squads and so on.. Some Marines tends to either excel in or prefer themselves either the heavy weapon duty or the close combat squads and thus stays there.. This prolly depends alot on how firm the chapter rules are and such.. The reasoning behind the tacticals being the 'last' place a marine ends should be that the tactical squads should be able to perform any task they are given well.. Now if only I could remember where I read it I'd go look it up... =/

However this not being the point of the thread I guess I'll try to contribute with some little more constructive.. However it ain't much .. I understand that you'd want a representative force of your chapter and thus would like one that emphasizes the usage of bikes and even though every codex chapter got a 'bike company' it's not the same.. well it wouldn't be for me anyway.. So as others said I can only suggest you to try out the lexcanicum list of different chapters.. However the chances of finding some golden colour scheme with speciality in bikes/assaults isn't all that high.. So yea.. Make up your own chapter I guess.. (all this's been said before.. just had to comment on the above post.. =x )

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast