psyker dreads - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: psyker dreads

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

psyker dreads

First off, I want to make this clear this is for fluff purposes, not that I'm trying to give a gk dread holocaust or anything (although that would be pretty cool). Well, here's my reasoning. All gks are trained psykers, and all gk dreadnoughts are gks. Therefore, all gk dreadnoughts are psykers?
    Fluff impacts: Since gks get shrouding because of their psychic (psykic?) abilities, doesn't that mean gk dreads should get shrouding too? Also, if a brother-captain who knew holocaust was put into a dreadnought after being grievously wounded, shouldn't that mean the dread should also know how to use it, since they're the same person?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

According to the fluff in the codex, it's the GK's Aegis suits of armour that provide the shrouding, not the GKs's psyker abilities.

There's no particular reason why a GK vehicle -- including a dreadnought -- couldn't incorporate some of that technology into its own armoured hull. Probably wasn't done for "game balance" purposes.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

About the BC with Holocaust into Dread. It would sound logical, but I don't really know how much physical freedom is required to perform a psychic attack. If you could just stand still and think the attack, you could perform it from inside a dread I think. But if you had to make elaborate body movements, you can't do that while in a Dread...
    Tyranids Win [31]/ Draw [0]/Lost [0]
    Daemon Hunters Win [17]/ Draw [2]/ Lost [1]
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...t&uniqueid=232

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x6)

Actually it's thier Aegis amor that provides the Aegis rules (aka makes them resistant to psykers) and if you make the DK blessed it gains the Aegis. The shrouding on the other hand is the focused chanting and prayers along with thier psychic abilities that make them hard to see for thier opponents "fooling thier tainted senses"

The thing with BC/BMs using psyker powers is they are also having thier squads use them as a focus point so it would make it easier to use I'd imagine, which would explain why they can use them in the middle of a horrible melee.

+ Reply to Thread