How to bring in Assault Squads vs Shooty? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

How to bring in Assault Squads vs Shooty?

So when I had made my list here my plan was to deepstrike in 2 assaults squads to tie up troops & block LOS and 1 terminator squad to go tank hunting allowing the rest of my army to advance. However, I just realized that you cannot assault after deep striking in.

The table we play on is 5x4 so there isnt a whole lot of room to hide especially against plasma heavy IG.

What would the best way to bring in my assault marines then? The terminators I'll still deep strike since theyre so slow, but would I be better off deploying the marines to prevent deepstrike scatters? Ditch the packs & all hop in rhinos? How do you use your assault marines vs the likes of Tau/IG - low toughness low armor but heavy firepower.

Also for the termines, would a locator beacon be worth it on my scouts? is this 15 points more to potentially save a 200 pt group with the investment?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

I'm an RG player, so you can guess what I do...

Shrike attached to an assault squad can infiltrate, and they get fleet, meaning you can get that first-turn assault you always dreamed of, even if its just from one assault squad...

Take scouts and have them infiltrated to back up the assault squad, and assault the enemy with them.

Drop pod with tacticals or dreadnought helps, as they can unlease a lot of fire power (if kitted right) on the turn they arrive, cutting down how much the enemy can shoot the assault squad, and also giving the enemy more targets to shoot at, again thinning their fire power.

CR

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x3)

My lists are usualy mech heavy (rhinos, dakka preds, vindicator, sometimes my land raider). My assault marines, if they are in the list, hide behind the advancing vehicles for protection until they are close enough to assault. Making good use of cover is also advised. I never deep strike my assault marines. Haven't tried infiltrating with shrike, would be an awesome idea tho, plus the fleet from Shrike could easily be a turn 1 charge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play Blood Angels the same way as described by Guthbrand. Because the Blood Angels Rhinos have overcharged engines, you get a rapidly advancing and deadly force.
    "Fear not and look up to the sky for salvation, for we have entered orbit."
    Blood Angels 2nd Grail Guard Company

+ Reply to Thread