I Just read Throught the new codex! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    572 (x8)

I Just read Throught the new codex!

Yes... that's right, I read thriugh the new codex. Yesterday, one of the store managers gave it me to look through. About 20 minutes later I'd memorised all I could, now I forgot most of it but heres what I remember.

1. One of the named caracters(forgot name) can enter from reserves and be placed anywhere on the table more than 1" away from an enemy(rambo anyone?), BUT can't move or assault that turn but he can shoot with his awesome gun that has a low ap, high strenth.

2. It's possible to take 115 models as one infantry platoon meaning 690 models in a none apocalypse troop selection!

3. 5 heavy weapon teams per platoon each of which now have double wounds

4. 3 leman russes per heavy support slot meaning a total of nine can be taken

5. They now have some forms of orbital bombardment.

6. There are quite a few new named characters like a mongol warlord to go with rough riders.

I'll see if I can remember more, If i do I'll update you guys.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Spamalot View Post
    Yes... that's right, I read thriugh the new codex. Yesterday, one of the store managers gave it me to look through. About 20 minutes later I'd memorised all I could, now I forgot most of it but heres what I remember.

1. One of the named caracters(forgot name) can enter from reserves and be placed anywhere on the table more than 1" away from an enemy(rambo anyone?), BUT can't move or assault that turn but he can shoot with his awesome gun that has a low ap, high strenth.

2. It's possible to take 115 models as one infantry platoon meaning 690 models in a none apocalypse troop selection!

3. 5 heavy weapon teams per platoon each of which now have double wounds

4. 3 leman russes per heavy support slot meaning a total of nine can be taken

5. They now have some forms of orbital bombardment.

6. There are quite a few new named characters like a mongol warlord to go with rough riders.

I'll see if I can remember more, If i do I'll update you guys.
    Just stop spamming.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Dire View Post
    Just stop spamming.
    Spamming how? The OP isn't spamming like you're spamming; in fact, the OP's post is contributing to the forum, whereas yours is not.

Spamalot, are you serious about the 3 Leman Russ per Heavy slot? I fear that that may be a little much... a list under the current rules with only 3 Leman Russ max is enough to win the day, but can you imagine upwards of 4-5 in your typical IG list? What with the reduction in points of your standard Guardsmen, it wouldn't surprise me to see so many tanks... I'm not sure if I like that idea.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x3)

Yes, its possible to take more russes, but with the rumored cost increase to 150 points each, that doesn't leave you a lot of room for troops, and the squadron rules will hurt them. I think 6 is the most we'll see for a "balanced" list, eating up all 3 heavy support slots with squadrons of two. That leaves 600-950 points for your HQ, Troops, Elites, and Fast attack. Lot of eggs in one (or three, rather) basket(s), if you ask me. That is, of course, assuming they don't make the Leman Russ a 0-1 choice, which seems unlikely at this point
    "The sergeant major asked me what my job is. I told him it's to do what I am told. He gave me a medal. I like the Imperial Guard."
    "Innocentia Probat Nihil"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Stradius View Post
    Yes, its possible to take more russes, but with the rumored cost increase to 150 points each, that doesn't leave you a lot of room for troops, and the squadron rules will hurt them. I think 6 is the most we'll see for a "balanced" list, eating up all 3 heavy support slots with squadrons of two. That leaves 600-950 points for your HQ, Troops, Elites, and Fast attack. Lot of eggs in one (or three, rather) basket(s), if you ask me. That is, of course, assuming they don't make the Leman Russ a 0-1 choice, which seems unlikely at this point
    If the rumours are true, however, you could spend 300 of those 600-950 points and already have 75 men on the table, along with 6 Leman Russ tanks... plus the next 300-650 points worth of upgrades/additional men. Seems a bit much to me... but we'll see how it ends up.

I Expect the Inquisition RecklessFable's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    210 (x5)

I think the reason Dire said what he did is that the OP didn't actually tell us anything we haven't already confirmed, yet didn't actually add a single item of new information.

All these folks claiming to have seen the new Codex all say exactly the same stuff as was rumor weeks ago, yet don't actually answer any of the followup questions about how things work.

We know there are named characters, large platoons, a character that gives bombardments, and the return of Sly Marbo and his pistol.

Anyone who has seen the new Codex might have info on details on a few of the new Orders. Might confirm that Leman Russ squadrons follow the normal rules for squadrons rather than firing independently. Know the rules and FOC slot for Penal Legionnaires. Anything that isn't already beaten to death in every other thread in this forum.

Just saying, "Hey I saw the book!" without any relevant info is getting tedious.

Maybe I just need a break from this for a while. Time to focus on Flames of War and/or my Daemons until May.
    RecklessFable's Journey to Mediocrity (Painting an IG army)
    I've been addicted to World of Tanks lately and neglecting my IG... But it is so... much... fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    169 (x4)

edit: aw reckless beat me to the punch... ah well; it's true though.
    Last edited by Certs; March 26th, 2009 at 17:32.

...A blog that's mostly about Infinity, but sometimes other stuff too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    572 (x8)

It's not a character that gives bombardment, it's a heavy support selection. The leman russes operate as squadrons, penal legioneairs are troops, anything else?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Spamalot View Post
    It's not a character that gives bombardment, it's a heavy support selection.
    So all the rumors about it being a character/advicor type character are wrong, it is really a heavy support choice.. find that hard to buy. considering all the other things in the heavy section.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by RecklessFable View Post
    I think the reason Dire said what he did is that the OP didn't actually tell us anything we haven't already confirmed, yet didn't actually add a single item of new information.
    Confirmed how? By rumours? That's not confirmation at all, no matter how reliable the rumours are; actually seeing the codex in person is a confirmation. Just because a rumour list states the same information, I personally think it's not a bad thing for those who have seen the codex to confirm what the rumours are.

It's only 'tedious' if you let it be. Instead of clicking the thread, you could ignore it; that's a lot easier to do. Not everyone has kept up with the thousands of rumour threads that have started six months ago, so having some of this information here, now, is beneficial.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast