Sm tanks - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sm tanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sm tanks

next step in building and painting my army is buy a tank...
    wich one should i get?
    im thinking of buying a rhino, but i'm not sure if a more powerfull one is recomended.
    Any help?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well,
    you cant really go wrong with a rhino,
    then again you cant go wrong with a predator either!

but considering the new razorback, vicindicator and whirlwinds arent quite out yet.
    and from the sound of it this would be yuor first tank,

go with the rhino : D
    unless you have are very shooty force, later down the track of being an imperial commander you'll need at least one of these guys (in the case of BA or BT's maybe 5?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always liked the Razorback. I dunno why, but it is the only tank I have ever owned. I still have it somewhere. But they have a nice mix of troop transport and shootiness. Though a Rhino is still probs better than a Razorback.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, preds are great, esp predator annihilator, nothing can stop 3 lascannons , Rhinos are good for deploying your troops quickly and razorbacks are great for protecting your smaller sqauds (5 man veteran marine cc squads ...). You cant go wrong with a landraider either, its strong as hell and it can carry a termie squad. Vindicators and whirlwinds are very good for deploying behind your army and smashing the oppposing army from a distance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ill guess ill start out with rhino
    and for my deathwing squad ill use a land raider

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Landraiders are good but very very expensive points wise and become and instant target on the table

you cant go wrong with Rhinos , theyre the work horse of the Imperium

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does your army do? What are your general tactics?

Unless you play with lots of terrain, I'm not sure I'd go with the Whirlwind or Vindicator. There's just something about having a tank pound the other guy at long range that doesn't jive with the whole shock troop thing for me.

The Rhino and Razorback are both good, it just depends on what you need. Have a big squad and enough firepower? Rhino. Have a smaller squad and need some extra anti-tank punch or support against infantry? An appropriately armed Razorback will do just fine.

Then again if you want something that can act independently, I'd lean towards a nicely kitted out Predator. It's a bit on the light tank side of the Imperial Armory (I really consider it a light tank), but it does its job. I've had one for years and it's a reliable old thing.

The Land Raider? Okay, watch a shot of an old British Mark I(or IV) storming across a WWI battlefield, bullets bouncing harmlessly off of it, masses of infantry using it as cover as it rolls effortlessly over trenches and obstacles. Now look at a Land Raider and notice the resemblance. The Land Raider really is, in my book, one of two things: -> A heavy tank. Think Leman Russ on steroids with attitude. Hunting down enemy tanks primarily and blowing holes in things...big holes. -> A heavy infantry tank. Busts through a defensive line (such as a trench) and drops a termi squad behind the enemy's lines. This is, in my opinion, why it has a ramp on the front and heavy armor all around and is its real mission in life.

One thing I've always wanted to do and that I think would be cool is to combine the Predator and the Razorback into a combined force. Sort of an Armored Cavalry type thing. Punch through with the Predator(s), then open up the Razorback(s) (maybe Rhinos too) to let out troops to actually hold the ground.

In the end though, honestly, I'd say pick the tank that you think looks the coolest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Predators are probably the most beloved ones.... but I would rather recommend a land raider depending on ur army..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

As I've said before, I'm a rhino-lover so I'll recommed that! :wink:

In my opinion you should have a rhino for every tactical squad you have.

Then again, if you are playing Deathwing you should consider a Land Raider.
    "We're the Death Korp of Krieg, son. Did you think that was just a pretty name? We never retreat. We fight and we die, that's the Krieg way."
    -Lieutenant Konarski at the Battle of Erebus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my opinion you should have a rhino for every tactical squad you have.
    Absolutely. After all, what's the point of a non-mobile space marine force?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast