some beginner questions for everyone - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some beginner questions for everyone

I am set on playing IG but i was planning on just waiting till the release here soon to get into them. someone at the local store mentioned that they are being repackaged and prices are increasing?! so i want to know if there is anything i should get now before the may 2nd release? also what would be a good starting purchase im thinking 500 points probably to do first. i will be playign mainly eldar and a little sisters of battle.

THanks for any comments and or opnions

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

The battleforces are being repackaged. The cadian one looses the leman russ but you get a sentinel and command squad instead. The standard cadian infantry are also being redone from 20 for £18. Get some of these boxes before they go.

At the moment both the new and old battleforces are great value and it depends on if you wish to go tank or infantry heavy as to which to get. You could even get one of each.

If you like basic sentinels with multilasters then get the current ones. The new kit is more expensive but has plenty of options.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The gamesworkshop here in the states still has the cadian boxed sets online. I ordered 3. You shouldn't need TOO many. Although there is never too much infantry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

I would get some infantry boxes, as i heard some where that they're being replaced by boxes of 10 for $22
    We who have seen war will never stop seeing it....In the silence of the night, we will always hear the screams....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    169 (x4)

pending on how i like it when i do get around to seeing the infantry/command squad sprues in hand. i my buy a couple battleforces.
    all the infantry in them converted using whatever bits supposedly make them veterans or penal legionaires; plus the new plastic officers... and i'm highly trying to keep my army looky spiffy while still being all plastic.

plus i need... well, want like 4-6 of those new sentinels anyways.

...A blog that's mostly about Infinity, but sometimes other stuff too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So woudl it be a smart thing to get the Battleforce ( leman russ one) and 2 noxes of troops before the MAy second release? I do want to go troop heavy so i guess when they release the new battleforce i will prolly get 2 or 3 does that seem liek a pretty good set up? oh yea and i want a hellhound lol. is there anythign else i shoudl get for sure?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x3)

Its not a bad start, but remember that if you only have one or two vehicles, they'll likely be shaken/stunned into uselessness.
    "The sergeant major asked me what my job is. I told him it's to do what I am told. He gave me a medal. I like the Imperial Guard."
    "Innocentia Probat Nihil"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so with guard you have to have alot of tanks if you want any? To play mostly eldar should i go infantry heavy or tanks? or balance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    169 (x4)

3-4 tanks is a good number, and will still leave you space for a lot of infantry... especially if a bunch of those tanks have 14av front and you don't place them on the table in recklessly vulnerable spots.

but with any shooting army, it's all about controlling your fields of fire.

...A blog that's mostly about Infinity, but sometimes other stuff too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

If I were you I'd start with 2 battleforce boxes, that will give you 2 officers made from the tank commanders, 40 infantry, 6 heavy weapon teams, and 2 tanks.

Then assemble everything, including giving all of your infantry that don't have heavy weapons lasguns. Later when you buy the new sets of guard wich will cost more but be better for special weapons so use them for special weapon troopers.

If the rumors are true then with the addition of a command squad and a next release guard infantry set you should have about 52 guard with heavy weapons and lasguns, 10 with special weapons, 3 officers, a four man command squad, a normal russ, and 1 you can convert into a new type of russ when the codex is re-released.

All of that would cost $275+tax CDN.

Lestat's thread can help you out, and if you have any other questons about guard just ask, the players in the guard section are IMO some of the most helpful on LO.

Lestat's Thread ---> http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...-what-buy.html
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast